Direct Pattern Input from ERM

May 16, 2010
Torrington, WY
Title/Name of item - Direct Pattern Input (DPI) Flasher

Manufacturer - ERM

Model Number - DPIF01

Link to manufacturer - ERM's Programmable Flashers

How/why you got it - Demo Model

Purpose/Description - I had the opportunity to demo the DPIF01 Flasher from ERM. When it arrived I opened it up and found the flasher with the install instructions. I read over the instructions and I like how detailed they were. They showed you how to install the flasher on both a negative and positive side vehicle. I installed the flasher on a 2003 Ford Escape which happened to be a ground sided vehicle. It took me a total of 15 minutes to install. The programming of the flasher was really easy too. I set up the way I wanted the flasher to flash and away I went. The thing I really like about the flasher is being able to see the pattern on the LED indicators before I set it. I also like the ability to program a flash pattern that is different from any other HLF that I have seen out there.

Here are the specifications from the website.

First ever programmable multi-pattern headlight flasher (patent pending)

Easy to program

Flash pattern is what you enter into the flasher's memory

Can record up to 45 seconds of inputted data

Flasher immediately plays back the pattern you just programmed

Can be installed into either Positive Switched or Negative Switched Headlight Systems

Very detailed instruction manual explains how to correctly identify your vehicle's headlight requirements and how to properly install your flasher (not your typical 1 page manual)

Designed for 12 Volt DC electrical systems

Each relay can handle up to 10 amps

Weatherproof design

Dimensions: 4.1" L x 2.1" W x 0.9" H

Overall I think this is one of the best HLF on the market. I would recommend this flasher to anyone.

Rating

•Durability 10

•Performance/Usefulness 10

•Innovation 10

•Appearance 9

•Price 9

Picture(s)/Video(s)

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_SANY0030.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_SANY0031.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_SANY0061.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_SANY0058.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_SANY0062.jpg

Videos:

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_SANY0068.jpg

ai233.photobucket.com_albums_ee229_hawkspringsfire_th_SANY0002.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanman

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.