Do 911ep millenium cards run on 12 volts ???

massbowtie

May 24, 2010
mass.
Im looking at buying some of these for a project. I planned on running them off of a sho-me arrow flasher. I was told that they will burn up quickly if I run them on 12 volts and the millenium cdi box powers them at a lower voltage, is this true ?

Also if they have manufacture dates of 2-03 what generation leds would they be ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
3v leds, 9v total for a card.

Second gen, i believe.

Life of the leds is reduced by powering with 12v but it will work.

Do you have a millennium?

ERM

May 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
massbowtie said:
I dont have a millenium. So using a resistor will fix the volt difference.
Thanks for the info.

This has been discussed before in another thread and the consensus was that they were 12 volt cards. To be absolutely sure with the specific year cards, call SoundOff tech support. If memory serves me correctly, I belive the person you are looking for is Gary. He deals with the 911 products. He'll advise you better than anyone else here.

Also, resistors limit current when placed in series with the product, not voltage. You'll have to create a voltage divider using two resistors and calculating the appropriate wattage ratings.

Tony

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.