Do I cut the plug on my LS12?

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I got a new LS12. It has a plug with the switch on it. I ran it to my Smart Siren so I can cun it off of one of my switches. I selected a pattern and left the switch on. When I turn that switch on, the light goes back to the first pattern and it will run about 10 seconds and it shuts off for a fraction of a second and comes back on. Do I need to cut the plug off and hard wire it to my Smart Siren? I wasn't sure if it was a problem with my light. I plugged it into my cig lighter and it worked fine.

Ideas/suggestions?

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
Never cut the plug, especially on a new light. Simply use an extender cord with a socket on one end and a plug on the other. Plug your light into the extender's socket and then insert the extender's plug into the cigarette lighter.

usdemt

May 21, 2010
Vermillion SD
Well 911ep and warranty is kind of up in the air from the sounds of it so I dont think I would really worry about that. But as far as your problem you said you left the switch on and then turned it on????

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
i think he is saying he has a cigar plug rigged to his smart siren. So instead of turning it on & off with the factory switch on the cigar plug he is just using the smart siren. Doing it this way the lightstick is having trouble remembering the last pattern selected .

Eric1249

Jul 12, 2010
Waukesha WI USA
I left the switch in the light in the on position when I put it into the extender. Then I tried using the Smart Siren to turn it on and off and it would not hold a pattern.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.