Dodge Chargers- what a pain in the ass

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
Well after many many years of Chevy and Fords the city I do installs for has purchased a few Dodge Chargers to try out. They are police chargers but appearantly have the bottom of the line upfitter accessories. These cars I can see are going to be a nightmare and pain in the ass just like the old Intrepids. Anyway, looking on some feedback from others as to where you run your lightbar harness's, where you hook them to power and so forth. I downloaded the 2006-2010 and 2011 Upfitters manual from the Dodge website and it has some information but could be better. Has a lot of do's and dont's. This car has no PDC behind the glove box like the manual says. So it looks like all power wires have to go back to the battery. Any info is appreciated.

Harbor Patrol

May 22, 2010
NY
im wiring up a civilian 2011 charger now, did all the wiring in the rear, just didnt go through firewall yet, if you figure that out let me know, otherwise i can help you with any questions regarding wiring from the dash to the rear

let me know

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
twodogs603 said:
Well after many many years of Chevy and Fords the city I do installs for has purchased a few Dodge Chargers to try out. They are police chargers but appearantly have the bottom of the line upfitter accessories. These cars I can see are going to be a nightmare and pain in the ass just like the old Intrepids. Anyway, looking on some feedback from others as to where you run your lightbar harness's, where you hook them to power and so forth. I downloaded the 2006-2010 and 2011 Upfitters manual from the Dodge website and it has some information but could be better. Has a lot of do's and dont's. This car has no PDC behind the glove box like the manual says. So it looks like all power wires have to go back to the battery. Any info is appreciated.

It would help to know what equipment you are going to install light and siren controlls, radios, radar, co-piot light and other things the department might use. We run the light bar harness down the c pillar then to the trunk and most of the other wiring to the trunk on the cars we have done we use cen com units and there is a place in the fire wall to run the wiring thru if you need to and power and ground you can use on the right frount fender. The police package has in the center console hook up for wig-wag, taillight flashing and other inputs. The charger is not that hard of a car to do installs on it has a learning curve just like all new cars you do, we have done none police cars just like we see on here and it is alway a learning process. We are doing a sprinter van right now and it presents its own problems. Don't let it get you down.

fleetcomm

Sep 2, 2011
south of nowhere
The upfitters guide on page 16 shows the power and grounds for under the hood and on page 88-89 shows the connections for the taillights and the headlights flasher built in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:

alswrecker

Apr 30, 2011
SC
MississippiPI said:
I have 2010 non police pkg and i can't find a console for it---it appears that no-one makes one. My shifter is on the floor.

Be safe

Try Troy products they make a console for chargers with floor shift.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.