Dodge Grand Caravan Headlight FLasher

agtkgv

May 23, 2010
MA
Hi,

Has anyone successfully installed a HLF in a 2009 Grand Caravan with DRL's. I looked up Sound off's list, but they don't show the flasher as a DRL one. I have a standard flasher in now, but it only works when the drl's are off. Any help would be appreciated.

squad 51 fan

May 24, 2010
u.s.a.ph twp michigan
Whatever you do, Don't use any of the Sound-off headlight flashers, I have a q-switch on my 2001 grand caravan, it's a pain to install, All canadian built caravans have drls, U.S. made Don't have drl's :)

agtkgv

May 23, 2010
MA
Its a US Grand Caravan, but its a GSA vehicle, which may be fleet, which I believe to have DRLs enabled also, I will try a Whelen or Federal.

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
The install I did was a GSA vehicle as well... Don't remember it having DRL's but can't be sure... The UHF2150A worked great!

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
DRLs are optional on Chrysler products and I see a lot of them with DRLs. The new dpd charger all have them.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
squad 51 fan said:
because there built in canada!

Actually, DRLs are activated through the PCM on the Dodge line. The PCM is set with a location code, which will allow you to deactivate the DRLs if they are not required. If you are in a location that requires DRLs, they cannot be deactivated without changing the location code. It has nothing to do with where they are manufactured.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.