Does Whelen still manufacure the WWL200/WWL100 work lights?

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I just got one of the WWL200 and noticed that at Whelen web page it say that the Work Light Series is not available. I know Sirenet still has the WWL100 on their site, but they only have the single listed, not dual WWL200. It is a nice light and really does a good job as a work/flood light. If it is not available anymore is it because Whelen did not want to compete with the Pioneer lights that are more? Seems like a short run for a product that I think is less then a year in production.

Whelen Engineering - - Lightheads, Directional Strobe, Super-LED®, LED, Halogen & Combination

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
OTFD122 said:
A few weeks ago they had them on EEWLLC.com listed under the "retired products" category

Yes you are correct, I saw that and forgot to mention that when I posted. That also lead me to believe they were discontinued and figured this would be the best place to confirm that.

factorone33

Jun 13, 2010
Merriam, KS
K9Vic said:
Yes you are correct, I saw that and forgot to mention that when I posted. That also lead me to believe they were discontinued and figured this would be the best place to confirm that.

I don't know anything directly, but I would guess they retired them after they put out the Micro Pioneer heads. I'd bet they were kind of pointless for what they do, since the Micro Pioneers do all that (and more).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.