Dominator mounting question

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
For anyone that has done so, what is the easiest way to securely mount a D8 on top of some round bar? I have recently installed a winch mount / grill guard and would like to move the D8P that I have from behind the grill.

The best place that I have to mount it is on top of some about 1 1/2" round bar that makes the center upper scetion of the grill guard.

Thanks in advance.

RK

Abacus

May 24, 2010
Sydney Australia
My project as well - As I didnt want to drill into the round bar I bought 2 uhf aerial brackets for bullbars from GME and then ran L shaped bracket between the brackets, Expensive but neat

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
U bolts!!!

sephora99

Oct 6, 2010
Connecticut, USA
For mounting like that it is all about finding the right brackets. Search around, I am sure it will be easy to find accessory brackets, probably in the mirror mount section for truckers. You can always fashion your own too. Brackets are usually easy to make with minimal tooling. Though it would probably be best to start with some pre-made brackets to go around the pipe and then make your own connector between those and the dominator head.

May 27, 2010
Memphis, TN
I went with u bolts as I did not want to have to drill into the round tube due to the hassle and if I beer took it off for any reason.

I painted the bolts black to match and then cut off the excess length. Will put some pics up under installs when I have completed everything.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
167 said:
I went with u bolts as I did not want to have to drill into the round tube due to the hassle and if I beer took it off for any reason.
I painted the bolts black to match and then cut off the excess length. Will put some pics up under installs when I have completed everything.

how many did you have?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.