dominion auto catalogue who has one ?

badbrad

Jan 29, 2011
canada, saskatchewan
Looking to buy one or at least have someone look up some part numbers.. if they have one. I found possioble source for NOS stuff but has part numbers only.. no descripton.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
My dad worked in an auto parts store back in the mid to late 1980s and I can remember looking through a full Dominion Auto catalogue there. The neatest things I saw in there were the Siren Master electronic sirens. They were North American Signal Siren Masters re-branded as Dominion Auto. Dominion Auto also had a siren speaker that looked exactly like a Federal CP25.

A few years later I went to an open house display at the city's main fire hall and I saw a couple of support vehicles with Siren Masters in them. I've also heard the sirens a few times - they have low-pitched tones and sound somewhat similar to the older Carson, Whelen, and Southern VP sirens.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Richard P said:
You should post some scams, I got some from the 1993 catelogue, thats about it.

The catalog archive is lacking Dominion stuff, which is a shame considering it's major role in Canadian warning. If you could post some scans that would be great.

nonreverb

Apr 14, 2011
Ottawa Ontario Canada
JohnMarcson said:
The catalog archive is lacking Dominion stuff, which is a shame considering it's major role in Canadian warning. If you could post some scans that would be great.

Agreed...

Cosidering that Dominion were in business for many years, there must have been several catalogs over the life time of the company.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
JohnMarcson said:

I just bought a 96 pages Dominion Auto catalogue from 1985 in near mint condition. It's being shipped right now so as soon as I get it, I will try to get pics and submit them for the catalog thread.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.