Dominion auto lights

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Hey fellow collectors!

Here's my 2 newest acquisitions: 1 DA Round Top 357 and 1 DA junior (freeeby :D ) The chrome on the round top was badly pitted but the Mother's mag and aluminum polish did an awesome job!

I also have 2 NIB DA Flat Top Emergency revolving lights, straight from the box, never used/mounted.

In the DA album, you might notice (also from another thread) a sheet picture with a lens option featuring "red/amber"... Now if anyone have some info on this (or other Dominion Auto Lights pictures), share your knowledge (and pictures) with us! :cool:

http://s767.photobucket.com/albums/xx31 ... utomotive/

I guess folks from Canada will like this ;)

Toon

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Just to share ;)

This is what our Montreal cop cars looked like in the early 90's. As good as it gets!

Simple red/blue DA on top, unknown TD and alley lights...

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Dominion_20Automotive_SPCUM.jpg

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
Very Nice! These were some of the best built revolvers, very intricate rotator assemblies and unique way of brush contacts, very rebuildable too! Good to know Theres another collector!

Ive got an uncountable number of 2 beam flat tops, 1 round top, 2 regular da juniors and a chrome base NOS junior. 2 4 way round top flashers, 2 teardrops, Intermediate revolving beacon and a few DA turbo beams.

Eric6913 has a Few DA owned/produced Turbo flash mini bars, yellow (not amber) DA intermediate with target tech labels (DA owned target tech) and a low profile DA beacon with a target tech direct drive parabolic rotator instead of dual beam revolver

Ive seen some strobes too, One uses the flat tops base and a fresnel lens same size as the flat top. also strobe in a intermediate housing, similar to SWS 200 series strobe.

Ive also seen the "hill" light 4 beam flat top.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Sweet!

As far as I can see, DA was mostly Canadian?

I see a few American members here on the board with DA but close to the border....

Seems like DA didn't make it far south...

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
toon80 said:
Just to share ;)
This is what our Montreal cop cars looked like in the early 90's. As good as it gets!

Simple red/blue DA on top, unknown TD and alley lights...

ai767.photobucket.com_albums_xx311_toon80_Dominion_20Automotive_SPCUM.jpg

Where I live, the city police used the same roof rack, beacons, and speaker. The beacons were four beam, both red from 1974 to 1986 and red and blue from 1987 until the end. The speaker was connected to a Federal PA15A series 1E electronic siren (high-pitched wail and yelp tones). The last tanks to use that light rack were Chevy Caprices just like the Montreal units in the photo. In 1990 the Dominion Auto roof rack was discarded in favour of the Federal Streethawk light bar. The last Caprices in the fleet had Streethawks with red and blue covers.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I remember the OPP having the same crossbar but with one center mounted beacon, clear 4 bult red and white, takedown mounted under it, 2 large black rectangular speakers on bothe sides of the beacon and 2 front and 2 rear par36 red flashers and alley lights

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I remember the OPP having the same crossbar but with one center mounted beacon, clear 4 bult red and white, takedown mounted under it, 2 large black rectangular speakers on bothe sides of the beacon and 2 front and 2 rear par36 red flashers and alley lights

Toronto had the same set up although originally MTP only had the par 36's and added the beacon later on. I always like the lights. I do have a 2 beam/bulb blue DA in my collection.

toon80

May 24, 2010
Laval, Canada
Even though DA is out of business for some time now, a huuuge number of utility trucks all over still uses DA flat top light.

Municipal services seem to like those a lot. I see many new trucks still fitted with old DA lights.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.