Donations - Ofc. Mike Baird Fundraiser

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
baird.jpg

Friends,

One of our local police officers, Mike Baird, has been fighting cancer for the past two years and has recently been told that the cancer is now terminal.

Mike has been with the Normal Police Department since April 5, 1998 and has two sons, Travis (13) and Andrew (10). We have no idea about his time left but we need to move very quickly. We are trying to collect as much money as possible so that Mike might be able to check some things off his “Bucket List” while he is still feeling up to it. If the money is collected now, he can include the boys before they go back to school in August.

Mike has no knowledge of this request.

The deadline to make an online donation is Wednesday July 17th. That will allow time for the funds to transfer to the bank so we can issue a check to Mike and his family on the 19th.

Click here to make an online donation now!

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
Cash or checks will be accepted at the front desk of the Normal Police Department and tell the officer or front desk person to put the donation in the Normal City Employees Credit Union mailbox. If you want to mail a donation, please send to: Normal Police Department, c/o Jackie Thomas, 100 E Phoenix Avenue, Normal, IL 61761

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
Phoenix_Rising said:
Cash or checks will be accepted at the front desk of the Normal Police Department and tell the officer or front desk person to put the donation in the Normal City Employees Credit Union mailbox. If you want to mail a donation, please send to: Normal Police Department, c/o Jackie Thomas, 100 E Phoenix Avenue, Normal, IL 61761

Thanks, I thought I copied that into the original post, but with it in moderation I couldn't go back and check!

Jan 19, 2012
Normal, IL
It is with great sadness that I report to you that Officer Michael Baird from the Normal Police Department lost his battle with cancer this afternoon.

For all those who donated to his fund, know that your donations gave him the ability to experience so much fun and do so many things with his family... May these memories last a lifetime for them and may he rest in peace.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.