Don't park your duty (or personal) vehicle on or near RR Tracks!

RyanZ71

Jun 14, 2011
Denver, Colorado
For sure a justified lawsuit coming on this one. I'm pretty sure this is one of a number of smaller crossings where trains are not required to sound their horn but still, you can't just expect that a train is going to stop at the sight of flashing lights, not to mention how long it takes a train to stop.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
Hmmm let's see, "tunnel vision" ..... "situational awareness" ..... it doesn't give a timeframe of how long they were parked on the tracks, but still....
I wasn't there but i think somebody's got some 'splainin' to do.

Reactions: fp13-2

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I agree NPS. Sounds like the situation went south quick and all that they were seeing was the target in front of them... offduh.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
I had a customer who filed an insurance claim, saying a train hit her car. The investigation revealed she fell asleep at the crossing and rolled into the moving train.

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.