Dual Arges in action

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I've seen these at fevers shot.. Not impressed as a Spot light alone.. the fact that the guys at FEVER syncs them to do sweeps and stuff is pretty cool though.

That said, they've also had some failures

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I wish they had a speed control. I prefer a unity with led insert for now.

Reactions: emcom

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Leaving a standard Unity pillar light aimed forward and a bit up hits the rearview mirrors of semi trucks with just a flick of a switch... just saying.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I think thats crazy that almost all modern controllers have dimming features and a product that came out in 2019 from a big brand like Whelen does not have that feature
Yeah, I wonder if there is a way to do that via CORE? TBH I feel like the Arges was kind of an after thought product that didn't get the rollout or support that it could/should have had. Especially for being a replacement for an industry standard (Unity pillar light). Whelen's previous remote control spotlight (which looked like a beacon with a PAR light inside) was cool, I never saw much out of it (pic below). I really had high hopes for both that light and the Arges, but I am a little disappointed in remote control spotlight offerings in general across all companies. I will say that Whelen is known for refining and updating products so maybe there will be a gen 2 version, or at least an update. I think the Arges has a lot of potential, it isn't quite there yet. I would love to have both an oscillating option and a set number of "preset programs" for a remote spotlight (preset aim, preset aim with oscillate and preset aim with flash. I would set interclear mode to point it at the rearview mirror semi truck sweet spot and flash.

spot.jpg

Reactions: upnorth896

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
When the Arges is connected to Core, you can set the backlighting however bright that you want. When not connected to Core,(Ive only installed them with Core) the instructions say to hook the backlight wire up to the dashboard illumination circuit. This leads me to believe that the backlight wire is an analog input, and the backlighting would dim with your dimmer switch for your gauges etc.. Maybe someone here tried that, and it doesn’t work? Idk?

emcom

Apr 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
The fleet dealer installed it and I guess they didn’t wire it that way. I will most likely just cut the wire to the lights. It’s way too bright. I didn’t want it in the first place, but now that I got it, I got to make do.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I think thats crazy that almost all modern controllers have dimming features and a product that came out in 2019 from a big brand like Whelen does not have that feature
That is our main gripe about the one we have on a squad as well. Our installer didn't hook it up to the dimmer switch (didn't know that was possible until reading a reply above). We used electrical tape over the majority of the button to help tone it down.

JNST140

Jul 15, 2021
SC, United States
That is our main gripe about the one we have on a squad as well. Our installer didn't hook it up to the dimmer switch (didn't know that was possible until reading a reply above). We used electrical tape over the majority of the button to help tone it down.
That brake light tape they have at Walmart probably would work decently well and give you that lower red tint from it.

I don’t see how emcom can see anything at night with that bright blue in your face.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
The fleet dealer installed it and I guess they didn’t wire it that way. I will most likely just cut the wire to the lights. It’s way too bright. I didn’t want it in the first place, but now that I got it, I got to make do.
I would get a variable resistance switch, and wire that on the backlight wire. I don’t know for a fact that this will work, but I bet it will. The Whelen reps were just in our shop on Thursday, and I totally forgot to ask about this.

Reactions: fp13-2

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.