Dual Motor TwinSonic 12X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Neat,
I have worked on many Twinsonic bars but not one of these.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
OK I have to ask, what is special about that? Was it factory? I have had to make a duel motor Aerodynic before to make it work.

Jun 18, 2013
PA
OK I have to ask, what is special about that? Was it factory? I have had to make a duel motor Aerodynic before to make it work.

I believe yes it was Factory.
If your familiar with the chain setup on the Twinsonic.. it was rotator, chain,gearbox, chain, rotator with 1 chain longer then the other. With these bars it would go rotator, chain, gearbox on each side.. so self contained per side rather then a chain running across the bar to the rotator on the other side. Flash pattern would not be synchronized anymore so random flashes in a sealed beam bar would be my guess.

ex416

Apr 28, 2011
West Central Wisconsin
maybe for allowing the capability to wire each side separately to enable use of different colors at different times such as tow trucks using amber only during towing and red while on scene.

ERIC6913

May 29, 2010
California
Ryan knows the answer to this question, but one police department spec'd this set up . I'm pretty sure the reason was in case one motor failed the other side would still be operational .

Reactions: southpaw

ryan

May 20, 2010
Massillon, Ohio
Correct. The fleet mgr at the department was concerned that going from dual beacons with each having their own motor to a bar with only 1 motor would be a down fall for the twinsonic. Federal came up with dual motors designed for this agency. Others followed suit but the demand was not great. This option from what i found was a $70ish option.

Reactions: jdh and southpaw

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I do not. Unfortunately, the archived version of the page is missing a lot of the details I had hoped it would retain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.