Dual NYPD Federal Signal Jetstreams

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Came across these bad boys not too long ago. Got them from a guy who had them in storage after he purchased them 15 plus years ago at the NYC DCAS auction on Kent ave in Brooklyn. Both bars have motors stamped 5-93 . Inside is immaculate as well as the filters. Outer domes are shot. When I get new lenses these bad boys should look good as new.

ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y183_hurley0509_20160324_225922.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y183_hurley0509_20160324_225927.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y183_hurley0509_20160324_231401.jpg
ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y183_hurley0509_20160324_225939.jpg

Video

ai5_photobucket_com_albums_y183_hurley0509_th_20160324_232126_mp4_.jpg

Jul 14, 2014
NV
Very nice, and if you don't mind my saying so, you seem to have quite the collection of FedSig bars, twinsonic to Vision.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Nice score there. I've always loved/hated the NYPD Jets. On one hand, they're fully loaded and have all the warning and illumination power of a really solid lightbar. On the other hand, the Jet rotators absolutely sucked and lost any sort of effectiveness after one year's use had clouded the domes just a little bit. They sucked then and the ones still in use suck as well.

In any case, it gives me fond memories of seeing these on those ugly light blue NYPD busses and other oddball vehicles from the early 90's.

Reactions: FCV96

deelony

May 23, 2010
LINY
Nice score there. I've always loved/hated the NYPD Jets. On one hand, they're fully loaded and have all the warning and illumination power of a really solid lightbar. On the other hand, the Jet rotators absolutely sucked and lost any sort of effectiveness after one year's use had clouded the domes just a little bit. They sucked then and the ones still in use suck as well.

In any case, it gives me fond memories of seeing these on those ugly light blue NYPD busses and other oddball vehicles from the early 90's.

agreed

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia

I agree! I like the style and aerodynamics of the Jet series, but the rotating reflectors are horrible. And if you think they are bad with clear domes and red filters, you should have seen them in blue! Henrico County PD (Virginia) ran them first with blue lenses, then later clear lenses with blue filters. Even when new the light output was poor and with age, it was horrible, nearly invisible on a bright, sunny day.

The Jet series really benefited from strobes and LED's.

Reactions: denko3

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The word 'video' comes to mind...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.