Early '70s American LaFrance

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
WOW! How long has that been sitting there? It can be beautiful if someone has a lot of time and money.

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
What a shame, just rotting away. Interesting mounting of the Grote beacon on the front and I guess the TwinSonic's motor or chain failed and it was given Force 4 internal parts.

TCO

May 21, 2010
Malvern,Pa
what a waste of a nice truck,with the proper care and money that would of made a great display/parade truck

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
What's with the laundry sitting on the front seat?

ohi007

May 21, 2010
Canton, oh
wow if only i had the time and extra money to do something with that.

cutiger

Jun 11, 2010
SC
Alright I'm stealing it who has a towtruck and wants to help?

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
GranPrix said:

It looks like this truck was originally equipped with a Federal electronic siren - either a PA15A or PA20A. The mounting bracket for the siren is on the dashboard and just to right of the steering wheel. ALF Pioneer trucks with electronic sirens are rare. Most of the Pioneers I've seen have &@#%$! mechanical Q sirens on them. Whoever restores this truck should put an electronic siren back in it.

pmcg10

Jun 14, 2010
Connecticut
That is a beautiful truck. Its a shame that it is in the kind of condition it is in right now.

Also, side note, how left their laundry in there?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArizonaFireTruckParty

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.