Early Edge Power Supply Question

gtpts27

Jul 1, 2017
Virginia
A friend has a very early Edge 9000. He's looking for a wiring diagram for the power connector to a 1ZF power supply (pictured below).

Anyone familiar with the wiring in these power supplies?
E4967C16-35B1-4E71-9814-24AEDF59A430.jpeg32AF6840-D213-45F4-BD43-75B82C196FF1.jpeg

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Let me see if I still have any of my documentation from when I was supporting these things.

Hopefully I didn't toss it when I dumped all those edge franken bars.

Reactions: gtpts27

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Off the top of my head, I seem to remember that:

Red - 12vdc main power
Black - neg/ground
Violet - neg/ground for high power
Green - 12vdc to activate set of strobes
Blue - 12vdc to activate another set of strobes
Grey - 12vdc for turbo ???

Reactions: gtpts27
Jun 18, 2013
PA
@gtpts27 Unfortunately, I think either tossed my binders, or gave them away when I got out of supporting them.

I will keep an eye out and if I find them I will let you know.

Rob

Jun 18, 2013
PA
How could you!!!!

lol pretty easily.. I was hoping that I would NEVER have to deal with an Edge series bar ever again!

so far my luck has held.. :p

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
lol pretty easily.. I was hoping that I would NEVER have to deal with an Edge series bar ever again!

so far my luck has held.. :p
It's not a matter of that, it's just I like to hold on to old info on things cause you never know when someone is going to need it, I know it takes up space but ya gotta think about the what ifs.. not to be mean you understand.

Reactions: Stampeed Valkyrie
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Once the City finally replaced or retired them a few years back, I am willing to bet it was all scrapped. They asked me if I wanted them, and I was like NOPE.
They were ALL mix master Franken Edge bars, and they got their use out of them, most were more then 20 years old.

I personally have nothing against edge bars.. but not my thing TBH.

Rob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.