Easiest siren to install?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
What would be the easiest siren or remote siren to install? Options don't matter.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
As far as a remote siren, I'd say the Code 3 3000 or 3050 (hope I'm right on my model #s) would be a cinch. If you're willing to do a bit of extra wiring (not much, just a few extra wires), a Unitrol 80k would sound a bit better IMO. Either one, you can use a simple three position toggle switch to cover your basic tones. If one has the need/want for an airhorn, they can install a momentary switch (gets into that bit of extra wiring, but not much at all).

Another easy to install siren that pops off in my head is the Code 3 Scorpion. It has two flying wires from the rear to hook up to the speaker and two spade terminals for hot & ground. This is for the non-PA model. This unit is just the siren only, so you'll have to worry about mounting the amplifier in a console, under the dash, etc. A few Sho-me non-remote sirens is the 30.2330, 30.3104 and 30.3106/9. All three are easy to wire in, but I don't like the Sho-me units that much due to the fact they sound like they belong on a Power Wheel toy car.

As talked about in a recent thread, the FedSig MS4000 is another good unit to try.

Those are ones that just popped in my head as easy to install from some major brands. I'm sure guys will come in with some decent units from Star, Signal and perhaps other brands.

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Look on sirennet.com you have cheap and easy sirens to install. I think any siren is easy to install if you know what you are doing.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Dont knock the Sho-me sirens anymore due to the funny sounds...

they now have Gen2 tones and they sound 1000% better

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I think the sho-me is probably the way im gunna go, but how long is the cord from the remote to the box, because im gunna need like 20 feet or so.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
fed sig ms4000. 4 wires

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
God now i like the MS4000, this is getting to hard to pick one now!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Pretty much all sirens only need 4 wires yo run. Power, ground, and 2 to the speaker. The rest of the wires are just extra.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
RL1 said:
Pretty much all sirens only need 4 wires yo run. Power, ground, and 2 to the speaker. The rest of the wires are just extra.

Thats what i figured but having never done a siren wasn't sure and a wire harness with 14 wires looks intimidating and time consuming!

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I understand. The easiest one I have done was a Sho-Me. The tones suck, but you put your wires into the slots in the back and screw them down. Whelen and Fed Sig usually have wires coming from the harness but the manuals make them easy use.

UndercoverVLS

Jun 1, 2010
NY
I thought the SS2000 was really easy to install. Just as easy as anything else I guess. Power, ground, speakers and some fuses.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.