Ebay listings (AMBER, WHITE warning lights, switch boxes, etc.)

fittyo

Feb 2, 2021
Wisconsin
Amber, White warning lights, switch boxes, etc. (in addition to the red and blue listings here on eLightbars) will be listed on ebay.

Basically..........most of my AMBER or WHITE warning product available at any given time will likely be listed on ebay under the same seller (not "storefront") name "fittyo." Ebay's selectively/randomly/arbitrarily enforced and ambiguous policies on "police related equipment" caused me to cease selling anything red or blue of any vintage, period, though others succeed all day every day.

A lot of WHELEN product in particular that I get in is sold via word of mouth rather quickly and doesn't make it to listing at all. This is a part-time thing for me, as it is for many others on this forum. While many of my items are already well below even cost, and always far below retail, if you have a group buy or multiple item purchase proposal, it doesn't hurt to ask........just depends on what it is and how many items you are after at once and to be shipped to one location. Thanks for looking!

Reactions: Emergency Lights
May 31, 2010
Aurora, Coloado
Hey there Fittyo... just want to say you are not the only one eBay is causing an issue with. My account has been restricted 3 times in the past 3 or so months. Siren Speakers and Headlight Flashers got me dinged this last go around. Arbitrary screening and dismissing things that I don't see relevant but it is a HUGE hassle for sure. Then I go search for what I am dinged for and it is plentiful out there. Frustrating does not even start to state my opinion on it.

Tried FB Marketplace and continually get "IS IT STILL AVAILABLE", reply YES and get nothing back... UGHHHHH

Thanks for letting me vent!!! Good Luck!!!

Reactions: fittyo and Tony P
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Hey there Fittyo... just want to say you are not the only one eBay is causing an issue with. My account has been restricted 3 times in the past 3 or so months. Siren Speakers and Headlight Flashers got me dinged this last go around. Arbitrary screening and dismissing things that I don't see relevant but it is a HUGE hassle for sure. Then I go search for what I am dinged for and it is plentiful out there. Frustrating does not even start to state my opinion on it.

Tried FB Marketplace and continually get "IS IT STILL AVAILABLE", reply YES and get nothing back... UGHHHHH

Thanks for letting me vent!!! Good Luck!!!
i know that feeling @Emergency Lights have had at least 3 people that are interested in a feniex visor bar i have for sale on some of the emergency lighting groups on facebook, sent them so many pictures and videos of it.........and then its like they drop off the earth.

I gave up trying to sell it and it now sits in my collection. sucks to hear about your issues with ebay

Reactions: Emergency Lights

fittyo

Feb 2, 2021
Wisconsin
Being a career LEO, I in no way advocate or condone improper or unlawful use of emergency lights or equipment, but I also think it's sad that it's difficult to "trade" in these particular items without having a full-time website or storefront. In my state, tow trucks use red and amber. In some states, volunteer FF use blue. Some states, even snowplow trucks on the highway have blue! There are collectors, public safety professionals who still buy there own equipment, vintage stuff.......all kinds of legitimate purchases.....and anyone can buy anything on Amazon. I just try to pass on things that I procure to others at some decent prices, but it's becoming quite the challenge for anything but amber or white! I'm hoping the networking here will be mutually beneficial to some. I'll be taking a loss on some of the red and blue things I just listed here in recent days. I didn't mean for my post to become an ebay rant either.........just wanted to mention that my amber items are over there.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I feel your pain. At one time, ebay's policy was antique and vintage equipment was ok to sell. But recently it looks like their moderators don't know an elbow from a hole in the ground. I tried to sell some jet filters. Got suspended for it. At one time, filters and dome were good to sell. You just could not sell the light with them.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I have used that category for a red model 17. Got suspended. The light is over 50 years old. So I give up on selling items with domes pictured.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.