Ecco Blaze 2 5135-A

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
I make a lot of threads on here lately, but I keep running into deals that I cannot resist talking about. This is no exception.

I don't know a lot about ecco, but I found this sweet, mini bar(Blaze 5135) on marketplace locally. It's 100% brand new right down to the foam packaging and wrapper, manual. I bought it for 30 dollars. I wasn't too keen about it until I looked it up. I saw that these for for 200-300 dollars, so I jumped on it and bought it.

I think I got a big score here. It seems to be good quality, has vacuum magnets mount and cigarette lighter plug. I'll probably hardwire it in with a switch and make it perm mount to my trucks back rack. It's belt drive which is neat, the rotators look sturdy and big.

So did I get a deal or what? Can't be the seller knew the value of that s, probably thought it was just a cheap Walmart light. I'm pretty happy about it

Attachments

• IMG_20221030_083257649.jpg
    IMG_20221030_083257649.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20221030_083313709.jpg
    IMG_20221030_083313709.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20221030_083326770.jpg
    IMG_20221030_083326770.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20221030_083656502.jpg
    IMG_20221030_083656502.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 14
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
For a NIB halogen mini that is a pretty good price. Lightbar values seem to be subjective. Another thing I lean on is what stuff is actually selling for around the web vs what it's listed for. Buying lights or finding deals can definitely be addicting. I can't see anyone paying $200 for a standard mini halogen bar new in the store. If you are flipping it you would need to screw up pretty big to lose money on it. New lights are always fun and that one didn't break the bank!

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
For a NIB halogen mini that is a pretty good price. Lightbar values seem to be subjective. Another thing I lean on is what stuff is actually selling for around the web vs what it's listed for. Buying lights or finding deals can definitely be addicting. I can't see anyone paying $200 for a standard mini halogen bar new in the store. If you are flipping it you would need to screw up pretty big to lose money on it. New lights are always fun and that one didn't break the bank!
This light I'd never pay 200-300 for just a mini rotator and that is what I see them sold for online, unless I'm seeing things. It was a no brainer to go get this. Quality is nice from what I can see. Nice and thick, has good weight, belt drive, no burrs on the edges,cord is secure in the base like a full size. I'm sure it's quiet and bright, have to run it yet.

If I flipped it, I would sell it for what I bought it for. I'm not in this for profit, but more for the hobby and making a fun day for others like me obsessed with lights lol.. I get such a kick out of playing with and researching a new light....it's what makes this so addicting while others think I'm crazy lol

Apr 28, 2012
Knox County, ME
I make a lot of threads on here lately, but I keep running into deals that I cannot resist talking about. This is no exception.

I don't know a lot about ecco, but I found this sweet, mini bar(Blaze 5135) on marketplace locally. It's 100% brand new right down to the foam packaging and wrapper, manual. I bought it for 30 dollars. I wasn't too keen about it until I looked it up. I saw that these for for 200-300 dollars, so I jumped on it and bought it.

I think I got a big score here. It seems to be good quality, has vacuum magnets mount and cigarette lighter plug. I'll probably hardwire it in with a switch and make it perm mount to my trucks back rack. It's belt drive which is neat, the rotators look sturdy and big.

So did I get a deal or what? Can't be the seller knew the value of that s, probably thought it was just a cheap Walmart light. I'm pretty happy about it

They are cheep used, usually under $100. But new everyone is asking more than I think they are worth, especially in this day and age. I personally love them and the bigger model, the 60 series. I just got a 36” version with 3 rotators. Super fast, sharp, bright and quite.

Reactions: Eric2.0

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
They are cheep used, usually under $100. But new everyone is asking more than I think they are worth, especially in this day and age. I personally love them and the bigger model, the 60 series. I just got a 36” version with 3 rotators. Super fast, sharp, bright and quite.
For being brand new right down to the plastic wrap I can t be any happier I got it for 30 dollars. I'm actually using it on my car right now and it has good daylight visability.

Here's a working video I took today of it on my car....it's a good unit and will be nice in snow storms this winter. It's a lot brighter than what my cheap phone can show.

Eric2.0

Jan 22, 2020
East Coast
This was fun.

As much as a I love light bars, lights in general I am not a first responder of any kind nor do I really require a caution light at all, except for use in snow storms and the like. I just like to have an operational one on a vehicle just in case. And yes, I am legal and don't mess around with it on road being stupid.

Well last night I noticed a bunch of trick or treaters on the side of the highway with a broke down car. This is an interstate so it's pretty busy and fast and I wasn't sure they were paying attention. So with my new blaze halogen rotator overhead on my car I pulled to the side in back of them and turned the beacon on for some safety. They said a tow truck was coming so I sat there and waited for it. I also told them to step to the side of the car opposite of traffic and not in front of the car. And they did.

I felt so good and made me think about how I always wanted to be an officer, doing things like that. my light worked well and it was plenty bright enough, even for the interstate...it was cool to use it for what it was meant for. I smiled as I saw it flashing in the distance.

Like I said, being a police officer was always on my mind as a youngster, just didn't have the right chemistry for it. Being too shy, having anxiety problems disqualifies me. Oh well.... I'll do things like this I. The future....just giving an unsafe situation, a little light.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.