edge 9000 cant make it work

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
I have a few edge at home and I tryed to test 2 of them without sucess. Everything seems to be in working order meaning that wires,connector,fuses are all ok.
There is thw heavy guage wires (red&black) but then there are two very small wire going to one of the board . I can only assume that the two small wire trigger some option or the whole bar but nothing works.

Any one has a wire schematic or any pointer ?

thank you

OVERKILL

Jan 27, 2012
hamilton ontario canada
IMHO its probably not worth it. Unless your so hooked on the pop of strobes that you can't get past it. You could probably find something in led for what you'd spend to get that up and running

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
nah I 'm going to sell them anyways so not really going to spend any money on this .
Thank you for your time

irun4fundotca

Jul 7, 2016
Sydenham, Ontario
yeah you need a blink capable controller like an mpc01 or mpc03 to control the bars using the grey and blue tx/rx wires everything is ran from a serial network

id be interested in a bar if the price is right for testing with my touch screen project im building to control blink bars

TLeigh127

Nov 23, 2016
Smithville, TX
yeah you need a blink capable controller like an mpc01 or mpc03 to control the bars using the grey and blue tx/rx wires everything is ran from a serial network

id be interested in a bar if the price is right for testing with my touch screen project im building to control blink bars
Hey, I'm just curious. I have 2 Edge 9000's and I was having the same issue until I contacted whelen and found out that I had to have the mpc01 controller. I have 2 of them now but I'm completely clueless on how to wire this stuff up. Can you help out with this?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.