Edge 9M 4-plug question

bmd224

Nov 3, 2011
NE Kansas
I have a Whelen 9M 9000 series 27" strobe mini-lightbar.
I can't figure out what the 4 outlet plug goes to?
It has 4 wires going to it: red, black, purple, & white. The red wire is fused with 7.5A inline blade fuse.image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
That generation of tag is somewhat misleading, claiming to be both a Mini-Edge 9000 and a Mini-Edge 9M. The documentation you need to reference is the documentation for the Mini-Edge 9M, found here: http://www.whelen.com/install/136/13686.pdf

The connector you're asking about, I believe, is for the addition of a CS225 secondary strobe power supply:

ai.imgur.com_13JM9iG.png

Reactions: bmd224

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
That generation of tag is somewhat misleading, claiming to be both a Mini-Edge 9000 and a Mini-Edge 9M. The documentation you need to reference is the documentation for the Mini-Edge 9M, found here: http://www.whelen.com/install/136/13686.pdf

The connector you're asking about, I believe, is for the addition of a CS225 secondary strobe power supply:

ai.imgur.com_13JM9iG.png
My 6 strobe mini 9M had a CS240 in it but yea..you're right. That plug is for an additional 2 outlet supply. I have the one from mine for sale if needed.

emtanderson51

Apr 9, 2011
USA Massachusetts
$50 shipped..it's the 2 20w outlet upgraded supply. 40W so the flashes are the same as the corners..(technically 5 w more ea but the 400's are smaller in size.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New in state!

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.