Edge 9M Minibar Question

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I looked at the manual and saw that it has two different power sources. I haven't bench tested the bar yet, but do the different power sources have different sets of flash patterns and if do, how would I change them? Does the bar essentially have two flash patterns; one from each source?

My gut feeling is saying "NO!" , but both power sources can't be activated at the same, correct?

The install guide is pretty sparse.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
What’s the full model number? Or what size mini and what does it have for heads in it? How many strobe heads

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
It has four strobe heads and takedowns. Model number is 9MMEDGEP.

Reactions: firebuff17

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
So the large red and black wires go to 12 positive and negative respectively.
Applying +12v to grey wire activate front strobes
Applying +12v to white with blue stripe activates rear strobes.
You need to have power and ground to red and black wires PLUS power to any or all activation wires.

As far as I can tell all the power needed comes out of the one harness that comes out of the bar.
As far as flash patterns on virtually every Whelen product flash pattern change happens when appropriate activation wire is powered and you temporarily apply power to the white wire with violet stripe. I don’t know off hand if that is available on that bar. It might be inside the bar. So you may have to take it apart and inspect/look for it.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the info. It doesn't have Scan Lock. I'll pop it open (carefully!; it's NOS) and take a peek. I'll look at the power sources, get their manuals to see if/how patterns can be changed. If they use jumpers, see how those are configured and adjust as needed. I want to be very careful as I don't want anything to get cooked.

I'm still pretty new to strobe bars and want to learn more about strobe lighting and the bars themselves. I wasn't big on strobe. Then I got a Heliobe and had a change of heart.

firebuff17

Mar 28, 2011
CT
I looked at presumably the same Whelen install pdf that you did. I can see where your confusion on the power sources could be. But if it is only a 4 strobe bar, you should only have 1 (4) outlet strobe power supply in there. And that power supply would be the 9M4S. That power supply does have multiple patterns to choose from.
If you take it apart be sure to take some pics and post them up here. We can probably help you out a bit more.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Perhaps the other source is there if the end user wants to add a couple of tubes to the rear of the bar? If that's the case, I'd be more than inclined to add some.

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.