Edge help :(

May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
I'm having a hell of a time figuring out the wiring for this poor bar :(

Ground it good and all I get is nuttin :p (aside from clicking when power is applied to certain wires)

The wiring coming of the bar is the following: (all wires are 22 gauge by the way for trigger wires)
Solid orange
Solid yellow
White/black
Solid brown
Red/black
Solid purple
Solid blue
Yellow/black
Orange/black
Solid gray
Solid white
Solid green

There also another wiring set coming out of the same cable harness with just a single white and black.

When power is applied to a few of the wires, all I get is a click, but no firing of strobes......not even anything from the pierce alert.

No idea on model number cause nothing there, even serial number is blank (more than likely wore off with age)

15644486753029158172541206681237.jpg <<<theres wiring harness :)

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
isnt this a serial bar? the red and black go to power and special controller runs the rest?

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Chad, I seem to remember having a similar cable on one of my old edges sometime back.
Put power the the large red wire, ground the large black wire. Now use the BROWN wire as a trigger wire. Touch that brown wire to some of the other small wires and see what happens.
That separate white and black wire cable should be for a LowPro speaker that could be
mounted on top of the bar.
If that doesn't work, you're going to have to open up that bar and check the I/O board and
power supply fuses.

Last edited:
May 21, 2010
Elmira, ny
Tested the strobes with another edge bar and they all work beautifully. The fuses are all good but the thing I'm concerned with is it has 3 or 4 fuses that are 5 amp, and 1 that is 10 amp

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.