Edge LEDs

SBFD-E-9

May 24, 2010
Washington IL
I might be getting a Mini Edge bar, and I'm thinking of making it LED (mainly for something to do). What LEDs are the "right" fit for edge bars? I know most will fit, but which ones are really suppoed to go in them?

Dan

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
Edge or 9m? The 9M was suppose to have 400 series. The older Edge bars can also have the 400s added to them. There is black things that slide into the frames that 400 & 700 series can snap into & even maybe the 600 series LEDs

bigcat

May 20, 2010
Hartford County, CT
600s are too big.

400s come standard in 9M bars

700s will fit as well

or anything smaller will fit if you make a custom mount.

TIR3s, LIN3s, LINz6s, XT3s, XT4s, XT6s... the possibilities are endless...

if you have the black filler plate (that they use in the 9M in place of a lighthead) you can mount any surface mount LED lighthead to it that doesn't stick out too far.

led0987

Jul 13, 2010
Joplin, MO
I would imagine you have to change out the strobe power supply in the bar for an LED board right? Might want to factor that into your costs.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
So long as the LEDs are passive, they could install whatever LED flasher they wanted. Most aren't that expensive, either. I just did a homebrew LED package for my paid FDs rig. It's a Freedom setup with all 6over6 400 series modules and 6over6 Freedom corners and it's ran by one Sho-me flasher and one Whelen ULF44.

Nick

Jun 23, 2010
hello, we have updated several of our edge and advant-edge lightbars to LEDs. The whelen 700 and 400 model lights work the best. The 600s will not fit in the edges. Also this project can get very expensive. We were able to pick up 20 whelen super 700s off ebay without internal flashers for 500 bucks. If we had bought them new it would have been around 2,000. Now i have a question for anyone who may know... Where can we get the edge (freedom) corner LEDs. Also do anyone have any idea what they would cost. I have called several different places including sirennet and they dont sell sell them and didnt know anyone who did. thanks for any help.

RMBROWN

May 20, 2010
Brooklyn.MI
I have a mini 9m edge. All red stobes 2 in the rear and 2 on both corners in the front i have2 lin 3's and 2 linz 6's that are super bright the only thing i want to add to the rear are 2 lin 3's amber in the middle rear of the bar..

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
HPD84 and fireman57 had liberty blue corner modules last I checked.

rwo978

May 21, 2010
ND, USA
I have a blue mini Freedom for sale. Priced at the equivalent of buying parts and assembling it yourself, except if you find a very good deal.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=54

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.