Edge mounting feet & Freedom module amp draw question

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
Getting closer to completing this project at work. Here's the issue: I have two custom cut mini bars. A set of feet will not slide completely in them, but it's enough that each mounting foot slides in where the screws tighten down. Considering we'll be mounting the feet directly to the cab of the rig, we don't have a need for the metal plate that a bolt would slide into on the Edge feet for clamps to hook to.

So, has anybody mounted an Edge with part of the feet sticking out from each side with any ill effects? I'm thinking the part of the foot that has the screws that screw into the bottom of the frame will be enough to hold.

Also, does anybody know in amps and watts how much a Freedom and/or 6over6 400 series module draws? Gonna be hooking some up to a ULF44 and want to know how many I can run off of each lead.

R Marra

May 22, 2010
USA/NJ Warren county
Well according to Whelens lighthead guide , The 500 series draws 900ma I would imagine that you would double that for a split . If I recall correctly The ULF 44 is 5 amps per channel max. hope this helps, Ray.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I'd never thought about looking at a LIN6 and doubling the amount to equal what I needed. Way to think outside the box. Thanks!

TBElectric

Aug 12, 2010
Carbondale,PA
I have a mini edge mounted on the top of one of my box vans using self tapping screws through the holes in the feet and it has been there for four years with no problems. One of my employees even hit a bunch of branches on a tree one day and only broke a lense. The lightbar didn't move an inch.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
We did some custom cutting to the Edge feet to get both to fit underneath the frame. The feet we're using is the six holed feet, so, four will have rubber pads and the other two will mount into the cab of the engine. Just gotta wait for the other two feet to arrive for the other mini-bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.