Edge question

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
The whelen site is useless. I can not find this.

I need a wiring diagram for the edge bar model # 2416. Specifically the 94 series edge matrix board.

Thanks

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Im not sure. I need a pic of the matrix board. The cable was basically "yanked" out of the bar, so I do not know where the main power (hot and ground)(8 or 10 AWG) cable plugs into the board. :eek: They were nice enough to leave me part of the control cable. :roll:

When I put power to what I think is where it is supose to go...I hear the realys click, but nothing powers on. No strobe, alleys, take downs, flashers etc.......Nothing...except click click click

UPDATE: That is not the diag I need. I believe the one you have is for a hi current switching bar. The control cable does not have a ground. Also I got the halogens to work...and PS I hate bad allagator clips :evil: :oops: . But no strobes and yes I did check the fuse.

OK I get strobes when I power the supply directly. It is an EB-6. In which I am very familure (is there a way we can get spell check here :D )with.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I think I figured it out. Thanks to "bigcat" pictures.

I would realy like to know what the designers at Whelen were smoking when they came up with this one. Why....oh Why do you need to put 2 seperate hot and grounds to the same damn control board. One is to power the strobes and the other for the halogen accessories.

Reminds me (if anyone has worked on fire alarm systems) of the pyrotronics system 3. I would like to know what bong head came up with this idea. Lets mess with all the technicans by having end-of-the-line capacitors instead of resistors. How many mulitmeters do you know that have a cap check? All of them read resistance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.