Edge Series Bolts

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
What are the diameter, length and thread for the Torx screws used on the Edge series of lights?

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I cant tell you dimensions or thread pitch but If you are referring to the end cap bolts they are called shoulder bolts.
From my experience they use the same bolts all the way back to edge and up to freedoms and liberty/Patriot series of bars. I'll see if I can get some measurements after work.

SMGUSER

Mar 31, 2014
SDCA
They are shoulder bolts. The OD of the thread is about .182 with a 24 TPI pitch (A 10-24 nut screwed into the threads with no problem.). The length of the threaded part is .945 inches, including a starting area on the leading part which is not threaded. The starting part is about .250 inches long with a diameter of .145 inches. The shoulder is about .290 inches long from the underside of the bolt head to where the threads start and about .247 inches in diameter. The overall length is about 1.350 inches. It uses a T-25 Torx bit to remove them. This bolt is from a Freedom bar.

Attachments

• bolt.jpg
    bolt.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: WhelenNDealin

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
They are shoulder bolts. The OD of the thread is about .182 with a 24 TPI pitch (A 10-24 nut screwed into the threads with no problem.). The length of the threaded part is .945 inches, including a starting area on the leading part which is not threaded. The starting part is about .250 inches long with a diameter of .145 inches. The shoulder is about .290 inches long from the underside of the bolt head to where the threads start and about .247 inches in diameter. The overall length is about 1.350 inches. It uses a T-25 Torx bit to remove them. This bolt is from a Freedom bar.

Holy crap that's some good detail! Thank you!! The guys at the fastener place will see this and not only will it make their job easier but they're likely going to say the same about the details. Much better than going in with one and getting what their best guess is! Awesome stuff!

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
If I remember correctly they did change those dimensions after a while didn't they cause I was asked about that through one of my suppliers when I was replacing end caps.

SMGUSER

Mar 31, 2014
SDCA
Pretty sure the shoulders prevent over-tightening of the bolts and breaking the endcaps.

How many of these bolts do you need? I'm sure someone has extras. I might even have a few. I don't think they are something you could get at a hardware store.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I need a full set of 8. I was going to look at the three places here that specialize in fasteners (Brafasco, Rastall and Fastenal) . They're national chains. I've had pretty good luck with them getting assorted screws and bolts for various different things. I got the screws for a refurb of a couple Whelen Pioneers and my twin.

WhelenNDealin

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Thanks! I'm pretty hopeful thanks to the info that you and Sparky_911, Pete L and nolines' provided. Throw in the fact that I've gotten ahold of some pretty specific fasteners from Fastenal and l think that I'll be good to go. I'll start with Rastall as it's right around the corner and then try the other two. They're also within walking distance and on the same block to boot!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.