Electronics Board for Upcoming Install

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Hey all,

So as some of you know I've been slowly working on acquiring parts/equipment for my new truck. At this point I would say I've found most everything save for a few connectors, and waiting on some items in the mail. Since this isn't a "complete" install yet, I figured I'd show off what I have completed. With that said- here is the electronics board.

Equipment:

3/4" Signboard painted flat black (signboard is basically on par with Marine grade plywood, and easier to work with)

Tomar 930L-24-200-8 flasher (for the arrowstick)

Chargeguard CG-MP

Feniex 4200 (awesome!!)

Blue Sea Systems St Blade Fuse Block - 12 circuits with Neg Bus Bar

Whelen Xecutor 2 (amazing air horn tone and pa use)

A whole lot of 18/16/14/12/10/4 gauge wire/cable.

Cable clips

zip ties

and other misc wiring parts

Spent about 5 hours figuring out the best layout while using the least amount of wiring, and also figuring out how many circuits and optional circuits I required. After about 6 major revisions I had the final layout planned and started installing. I then quickly changed it 2-3 more times until I found the ideal layout. All wires will (eventually) have weatherpack ends on them, and the 4 gauge main cables will use an Anderson Powerpole connector. I'm setting it up this way since its a bit of difficult access once everything is installed in the truck- this will permit me to unhook it and remove it for future upgrading (ie: radios, scanners, other awesome addition stuff).

Well, I know we are all visual, so here are the photos!

2014-08-29 19.58.45.jpg

This is basically the final layout, changes are spacing between the siren amp and the fuse panel. Note all the space to the left of the siren amp is for future equipment.

2014-08-29 21.10.47.jpg

Some cable clips added.

2014-08-29 23.12.15.jpg

The beginning of the "rats nest" with just the items on the board hooked up.

2014-08-29 23.32.53.jpg

Oh look, some organization!

2014-08-30 19.43.43.jpg

So yea.. at this point everything was going so very well.... I put it away to work on it later. I came back to it when I couldn't sleep that night. To make a long story short I had to find a suitable cat5 cable for the 4200. I thought I had a good one but it didn't fit well, so I went to find another, and took a step wrong- and dislocated/sprained my ankle all at once. Off to the hospital I went. Days later my ankle is still messed up however I spent some time working on it again tonight. I forgot to take photos both the night of the injury and tonight until complete (less cat5 and cable connectors).

2014-09-04 22.58.06.jpg

Complete. I had to reposition the whelen xecutor to run the 4 gauge ground cable.

2014-09-04 22.58.25.jpg

Note, I have not tightened down the main bundle of wires- I'm still trying to find a suitable cat5 cable.

2014-09-04 22.58.30.jpg

Another angle. Yes, I am still trying to find amp connectors for the whelen xecutor.

So yea, thats about it for now.. Hopefully by this time next week I can post the (completed) vehicle install- as long as all the parts are here on time. Feel free to comment and/or critique my layout/install thus far.

(note: next vehicle I'm installing a multiplex system!)

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
I had a truck cap installed. It uses 4 c clamps to hold it to the truck bed. I purchased 4 feet of aluminum "L" channel and mounted it to two of the c clamp bolt things for the truck cap. I then drilled some holes in both the L channel and the electronics board to mount some bolts up.

There may be a photo in my vehicle install thread (separate from this thread)... regardless, here's a photo of how it looks today:

2014-09-18 14.13.29 edit.jpg

...The extra space on the board is for future upgrades...

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.