Announcement eLightbars Planned Downtime

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
We will be changing our hosting provider immediately. Please expect the forums to close later today once the process has begun. We appologize for the short notice, this was a last-minute, unexpected decision.
What will happen:
  1. Prepare the new server
  2. Close the forums
  3. Copy the site's data and databases
  4. Make appropriate changes to our DNS (this takes the longest on your end)
  5. When the site opens, it will be hosted from the new server
I don't have any social media accounts or standalone status pages available, so I'll try to post updates on the "Forums Closed" page.

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
As expected, the shit hit the fan… but we’re back. DNS is surely still propagating for many, so just keep checking back throughout the day. Also, email and notifications are almost certainly broken at the moment, I’ll get it resolved. Report any other issues that are sure to arise.

For those that can’t reach the site yet, they can use this link, but it will present an error about security since it’s an IP address as opposed to a URL: https://70.39.147.191/forums

Last edited:

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Known issues as of this post are as follows:
  1. Email system is down (no email notifications or new member signups)
  2. Push Notifications not working
  3. Attachments not able to be uploaded (permission error)
  4. My wife wants me to mow the lawn
  5. Using our domain name may work intermittently, this is due to DNS propagation

Attachments

• test.txt
    21 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 18, 2013
PA
Getting DNS hosts to refresh for 2nd and 3rd level can be a real bear. Not much you can do about it except wait for them to eventually synch.

ipconfig -flushdns can dump the cache on your local machine if the problem is client side.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woobatu

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.