ELS - Take down units

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
I figured i would make a post for one specific light i offer. This is not a for sale thread, more for opinions/questions. If you have any sales inquires please contact me privately.

I am still compiling more sample pictures and whatnot before i make a new for sale post, but i just completed and shipped out these 2 units for a member of the board today. Hopefully when he receives/installs them he can hook me up with some pics/vids.

These little guys are single section, 4 1/4" long. They use a 5* spotlight lense. Each diode emits 90 lumens. One of these will light up the face of a house from 100 feet away. As a whole this light is probably more powerful than a soundoff Mighty light.

All lights are made with custom extruded black aluminum along with impact resistant polycarbonate end caps/lens.

I am currently experimenting on standard lights with swapping the middle lens of each section for a takedown lens. Very nice increase in overall forward punch of the section as a whole but pretty useless off to the sides. All depends on what the light is meant for. That is why i offer all the options :cool:

Also please note the end caps are not dirty... they are gloss black and are showing the reflection of the bubble wrap.

The last two photos show takedown sections integrated into a 45" lightbar that is currently in my personal vehicle. 100% daylight sun shining right on them. Takedowns in lightbars can be made to flash with the integration of a pair of diodes. Note the two vids at the end.

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedown5.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedown4.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedown3.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedown2.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedown1.jpg

ai475.photobucket.com_albums_rr117_LED940_ESL_20GEN_20III_Takedowns.jpg

http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr11 ... steady.flv

http://s475.photobucket.com/albums/rr11 ... hclose.flv

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
Damn might have to order me some of those!

tnems7

May 21, 2010
USA Nashville Tennessee
ELS,

Nice idea to incorporate into other lights. These would be great with two warning diodes and alternating with the takedown light and used as alley lights on side windows and as intersection lights in the corners of the dashboard

Have you thought about marketing these on twelve volt backup lighting for flood lighting in parking garages and parking areas? It would sure beat standard "stand by" lights!

Might be a good marine (boating) market out there too.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
As much as i wish they were, and maybe in the future they will be, my lights are not certified by anyone for any particular thing.

You cant just decide to make lights for buildings and things like that sadly they need to meet specific codes/specifications.

They are definitely a great option for side windows and corners of the dash though. The 3 takedown lens is more of a long range spotlight effect which makes it great as an ally light.

I will see if i can slap together another module for myself to get some night pictures as im sure that is what everyone cares about :D

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
He told me around $24.50 per light for white in color.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
Yes the white ones shown are 24.50 per piece. I would like to avoid turning this post into a for sale thread it was more for information sake.

The lights do come in a variety of lens options, the ones this topic is based on is just one option.

I can make lights as big as 45 inches long.

The lights are weather resistant, they are NOT submersible. They will avoid splashing/rain/snow/impacts but don't park them in any puddles...or...pools.

I did a interesting test where I sealed off the unit and filled it to the top with water, light still functions as normal but I will not consider that waterproof for sales purposes.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
Sorry about that, been really busy lately havent gotten around to wiring it in my car yet, maybe il do it today :cool:

I havent even made a for sale thread yet, kinda stupid on my end.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
Exterior use at your own risk.

No one has reported any problems with exterior use, but i will not replace it if it malfunctions due to this.

I have wider lenses yes.

ELS

May 21, 2010
USA NY
Yes.

Depending on how creative you are, i can also give you the modules without the housing to fit in tighter spaces/take up less space in a bar.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.