Elsmere Police Charger

mredd007

Mar 1, 2012
Iowa
When it comes to police blue needs to strictly be passenger side and red strictly driver side. That way you can actually tell where they are on the road. Thats how it is in my state. As far as fire apparatus and ambulance, they are far bigger than cars with more surface area and not as hard to detect from far away.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It has lights in all the right places, but I'm just not a fan of any split patterns. Although it's more effective than other split patterns by having the grill/intersection lights flash all red together then all blue (without being at a speed of 300 FPS), I rather would have 2 solid red and 2 solid blue lightheads instead of 4 split. Same goes with the split lights in the side windows. I do like how they have LAWs in the side tail lights b/c that's an overlooked location for putting LAWs or flat out replacing the housing with a surface most ghost-size light in the Chargers.
I'm not a fan of the seizure TLF pattern and would do without it....the brake light wigwag by itself is much better IMO. I would like to see some Amber (i.e. rear deck light), but it's no biggie here

I'm gonna have to disagree with mredd. While blue on P/S & red on D/S might be the case in some states' V&T laws, I can almost guarantee that >99% of the public doesn't know the difference. Also, red is more noticeable during the day, while blue is more noticeable at night, so I think that there should be a mix of the colors on both sides of the vehicle for maximum visibility at all times

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
It has lights in all the right places, but I'm just not a fan of any split patterns. Although it's more effective than other split patterns by having the grill/intersection lights flash all red together then all blue (without being at a speed of 300 FPS), I rather would have 2 solid red and 2 solid blue lightheads instead of 4 split. Same goes with the split lights in the side windows. I do like how they have LAWs in the side tail lights b/c that's an overlooked location for putting LAWs or flat out replacing the housing with a surface most ghost-size light in the Chargers.
I'm not a fan of the seizure TLF pattern and would do without it....the brake light wigwag by itself is much better IMO. I would like to see some Amber (i.e. rear deck light), but it's no biggie here

I'm gonna have to disagree with mredd. While blue on P/S & red on D/S might be the case in some states' V&T laws, I can almost guarantee that >99% of the public doesn't know the difference. Also, red is more noticeable during the day, while blue is more noticeable at night, so I think that there should be a mix of the colors on both sides of the vehicle for maximum visibility at all times
I agree that most of the general public probably does not understand the red drivers side and blue passenger side concept. All they typically see is a bunch of flashing lights. There was even a local PD agency close to me that used to have that reversed with the red passenger and blue drivers side.

EastSide279

Apr 11, 2013
CT
Looks like a solid setup and I definatly love the lightbar pattern. I bet you can see that lightbar a good distance with those giant blocks of light flashing. Sync is good too. But I do agree the tail light flasher is a bit fast.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
I agree that most of the general public probably does not understand the red drivers side and blue passenger side concept. All they typically see is a bunch of flashing lights.

Exactly.
Besides, if they aren't moving out of the way for a 50 ton aerial with dozens of lights, a mechanical Q, & 200 watt speakers, then they aren't gonna care about the blinkies (or their colors) on a 4 ton charger b/c their heads are either shoved so far up their rectums or because they flat out don't care that emergency responders are trying to help someone else

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Decent set up ruined by circus ride tail light flasher.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaf10596

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.