Negative EMT1033 Watchguard DV-1 System

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
Firstly to start,

I ABSOLUTELY HATE doing this and I debated a Neutral/Negative review for a significate amount of time before I took to starting this review.

December 16th I spoke with Michael in regards to a DV-1 Watchgaurd system that he had listed in the forums. Michael was extremely quick to getting back to me regarding the system and was able to answer all the questions I had with the system along with ship this item to Canada. We spoke in regards to the item, and shipping and after I made a decision to purchase after we came up with price...I sent him a PayPal Payment.

Due to weather circumstances he wasnt able to get it to the post office right away but that wasnt a big deal as we were still decalling the vehicle it was going in. On December 20th he contacted me in regards to shipping being significantly more expensive than he thought it would be and asked if I could help him out. I sent him an additional 50 dollars to help cover the costs of shipping via paypal again.

I received the unit from him last week and immediately noticed that the actual mounting bracket that he stated that came with the item wasnt in the box. I immediately emailed him on the 27th and asked if he may have forgotten it or something... as mistakes do happen. I waited until the evening of the 28th to email him a second time as he hadnt gotten back to me. He stated sorry, been busy with work. Which wasnt a issue he stated that it should have all the mounting equipment as it came out of a crown vic.

I informed him in a immediate reply that this was being reinstalled in a crown victoria and didnt have the mounting bracket, I also informed him the setting were locked via passwords and asked for the passwords to get passed and set this unit up as I had had the chance to play with the system since out last email.

I have not recieved a response from Michael Since, I have attempted to contact him via Elightbars, and email to try to get this figured out.

Its Password Locked without the mounting brackets that stated it came with. I dont wanna contest the purchase but I have a system that I am unable to set up as A) I dont have the mounting brackets, B) Its system (Supervisor and Administrator) locked, C)I have not be able to contact michael since.

I just wanna get A and B sorted out so we can get this unit on the road....

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Might want to try calling WatchGuard for the administrator password. According to the instructions the user sets the supervisor password but WatchGuard sets one administrator password per agency and to contact them for it.

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
I have been in contact with watchgaurd regarding this issue and have since been able to order a new mount (talk about a expense i wasn't expecting). Along with that they are looking into the administrator password issue.

Thanks for the suggestion !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tommy_adams

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.