End of a drought finally !

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Well it's been a long drought for me. No new lights since October of 16. Walked into a little junk shop today and hit the jackpot. Walked out with a Dietz 211 and a Code 3 DashLaser with a Tri Mirror attachment and a wierd mount. All for $100 bucks even.

The Dietz needs some cleaning up but runs nice and quiet. The dome is in great shape. The chrome should polish up just fine. It had good service on a Fire Engine according to the tag. I hope to speak with the owner soon to find out where it was used. Wish I could find a date on the motor but the motor has a light rust on it right where the info would have been stamped. Maybe someone has a date on theirs and can compare the serial number for a good estimate for me.

The Code 3, like I said has a weird mount that I assume was suppose to attach to the windshield with suction cups?

DSC_0494 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0495 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0496 (Medium).JPG

DSC_0497 (Medium).JPG

I want to go back soon, he had a couple more small beacons. One is a small beacon, about a quarter of the size of a Model 14. Has two small bulbs mounted side by side but facing opposite directions. Made by NAS.....I think... I just knew I could remember the model number, but I always forget the age of my brain. I remember someone on here having one of these lights and the talk about how rare those bulbs would be to replace.

Glad the drought is over.

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Well it's been a long drought for me. No new lights since October of 16. Walked into a little junk shop today and hit the jackpot. Walked out with a Dietz 211 and a Code 3 DashLaser with a Tri Mirror attachment and a wierd mount. All for $100 bucks even.

The Dietz needs some cleaning up but runs nice and quiet. The dome is in great shape. The chrome should polish up just fine. It had good service on a Fire Engine according to the tag. I hope to speak with the owner soon to find out where it was used. Wish I could find a date on the motor but the motor has a light rust on it right where the info would have been stamped. Maybe someone has a date on theirs and can compare the serial number for a good estimate for me.

The Code 3, like I said has a weird mount that I assume was suppose to attach to the windshield with suction cups?

View attachment 206519

View attachment 206520

View attachment 206521

View attachment 206522

I want to go back soon, he had a couple more small beacons. One is a small beacon, about a quarter of the size of a Model 14. Has two small bulbs mounted side by side but facing opposite directions. Made by NAS.....I think... I just knew I could remember the model number, but I always forget the age of my brain. I remember someone on here having one of these lights and the talk about how rare those bulbs would be to replace.

Glad the drought is over.
Regarding the small light with opposite facing rare bulbs......are you sure you arent referring to the Dietz 7-05. Its a small rotator with two bulbs facing back to back. The bulbs are very rare and hard to find. I have one with a red dome. One just sold on Ebay and that one had an amber dome. Most seem to have amber domes.

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I had to look it up, but yes that is the design. Maybe it was Dietz, i was thinking NAS but that looks like it. Yellow dome was all cracked up.

Last edited:

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
Regarding the small light with opposite facing rare bulbs......are you sure you arent referring to the Dietz 7-05.

OK after more searching I found out what it is for sure. It is a NAPA 493. I remember after seeing the one Crownfire has on this post. It does have the bulbs in it and it says it works. I am assuming after what I have read it is worth going back for if nothing else but the bulbs.

http://elightbars.org/forums/threads/goofy-little-dietz-7-05.57597/#post-579883

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
A couple of nice additions there; glad your drought is over. Clearly the drought affected those suction cups--they look terrible!

I remember those mounts; they were a universal thing designed to rest the plate on the dash for your mag-mount dash light; the suction cups kept it from sliding all over the place.

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
Ok guys, heading back for the NAPA. What's a good price to go for?
Tell the seller that the lamps inside are "out of production" and hard to find so he understand that the light is "unuseable" and you might get it cheap.
This type of dealing usually work with sellers that do not understand or do not care of making a lot of money on what they have.

Michael

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.