Eq2B not working!!

MFD42376

I'm having trouble with my eq2b. I have used it a few times and everything worked good when I went to a call I turned it on and the control head came on and I turned it to wail and nothing... when I got back to the station I tried it agin and when I got out of the car I can hear it but it wasn't loud I could barely hear it threw the speakers I checked all of the wireing and I tested the speaker and everything is hooked up and the speaker worked fine with my other siren has anyone else had this type of problem with a eq2b ?

MtnMan

The first thing to check is the two internal 25 A fuses. If you're lucky, replacing a fuse might solve it. If fuses keep blowing, it's a problem with the output stage.

The original eQ2B had a known issue with blowing output transistors if the amp wasn't adjusted correctly (service bulletin attached). Federal Signal eventually redesigned the eQ2B and declared the early amps obsolete and non-serviceable, but they'll be happy to sell you an upgrade for 800 bucks.

I've repaired several of the early eQs with no callbacks. Let me know if you're interested.

Attachments

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Weoff8823
Top Bottom