Equipment list for new cars

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
I was just appointed to select the new equipment for the cars we are ordering next month. I don't know if we will get Interceptors or Chargers yet so I made a list for each. Our current cars (Impalas) are VERY basic (push bumper, OEM wigwag and traffic backer, liberty light bar) and I was told they want to up the warning. I am restricted by some things, like the colors allowed) and can't go hog wild. If you guys could let me know if I'm forgetting anything or have some suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Note: We don't have in car radios, and our city shop does the dash cams

Police Interceptor

1. Push bumper with side mounted warning lights (blue)

2. 100 OR 200 watt siren speaker (mounted under PB or behind grill)

3. 6 head LED warning light mounted on PB (blue) OR micro-pioneer style flood lights (set to wig-wag and steady burn)

4. HALO style front turn signal (amber) and warning light (white)

5. LED hide away for side marker of headlights (white)

6. Fender vent mounted warning (blue) OR under mirror mounted warning light (blue)

7. Flush mounted warning light on lower side-skirt (blue)

8. Warning light mounted interior of rear quarter window (blue)

9. LED hide away for taillights (red)

10. LED hide away for reverse lights (white) OR license plate area mounted warning lights (blue)

11. Rear deck warning bar (blue with amber end lights or amber with blue end lights)

12. Low profile, fully populated LED light bar with LED alley lights and take down lights, traffic advisor, and cruise lights (all blue warning lights, clear lenses)

13. Center console with cup holders and arm rest

14. Siren with slide switch light control function (POS 1-rear only, POS 2- front only, POS 3-all warn, AUX buttons for takedown, L alley, R alley, cruise lights, L arrow, R arrow (L and R arrow together for center out)

15. 3 outlet power unit

16. Laptop mount for Panasonic CF-53 Toughbook

17. Transport cage with sliding window

18. Plastic rear seat with seatbelt

19. Clear rear window protection screen

All lights must be generation 3 or higher (no generation one LED’s will be accepted)

Acceptable brands for lights and siren are Whelen, Federal Signal, Sound Off, Code 3, Feniex, Tomar, or other reputable brand with approval

Dodge Charger

1. Push bumper with side mounted warning lights (blue)

2. 100 OR 200 watt siren speaker (mounted under PB)

3. 6 head LED warning light mounted on PB (blue)

4. OEM headlight flasher activated

5. Under mirror mounted warning light (blue)

6. Flush mounted warning light on lower side-skirt (blue)

7. Warning light mounted interior of rear quarter window (blue)

8. LED hide away for reverse lights (white)

9. License plate area mounted warning lights (blue)

10. OEM taillight flasher activated

11. Rear deck warning bar (blue with amber end lights or amber with blue end lights)

12. Low profile, fully populated LED light bar with LED alley lights and take down lights, traffic advisor, and cruise lights (all blue warning lights, clear lenses)

13. Center console with cup holders and arm rest

14. Siren with slide switch light control function (POS 1-rear only, POS 2- front only, POS 3-all warn, AUX buttons for takedown, L alley, R alley, cruise lights, L arrow, R arrow (L and R arrow together for center out)

15. 3 outlet power unit

16. Laptop mount for Panasonic CF-53 Toughbook

17. Transport cage with sliding window

18. Plastic rear seat with seatbelt

19. Clear rear window protection screen

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
The Interceptor list has way too much going on up front. Light stick, haws, and the halo things? Why not just a HLF and the light stick? The side mounted lights on the PB and the intersector lights should cover the front corner/side and eliminate all the extra stuff. And in reality I personally dont care much for light sticks on the PB because they are almost never on a useful pattern. A pair of alternating lightheads that are decently sized would be more effective. Like alternating the pioneers like you mentioned.

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
The HAW's are actually side warning. I would prefer just pioneers for their dual use but was 'guided' to the light stick. We will likely get whatever is cheapest. I also would like to get rid of the fender light and side window light, but they were in place of H2G runners (which the capt LOVES) for some reason and had installed on all the CID cars, admin cars, and the traffic cars. Hell, he even wanted the public works crew to buy some.

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Too much going on IMO. I'm a big fan of the SoundOff products. I feel like you get a lot of value compared to Whelen and FedSig.

I'd go with

SOS nForce Lightbar dual color blue/white front, blue/amber rear.

SOS nForce 4-head warning bar blue/white

SOS nForce surface mount blue/white for intersection

SOS Intersector blue

SOS nForce interior blue on the rear deck

TLF

SOS nErgy 200 watt remote mount siren

2x FedSig AS124 speakers on the push bumper

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
recommendations for lights (I limited it to only Whelen and SOS to keep it simpler than having 4+ different brands)

Police Interceptor or charger lights

1. Push bumper with side mounted nforce or ion duo (linear ion)

2. 200 watts. Speaker(s) mounted under PB, so that they're unobstructed

3. Take your pick of any linear 6-head lightstick. I don't think you need the pioneers (at $275 a pop) if you have good TDs and a LED unity on the a-post. Another cool option would be a pair of solid blue M7's/M6's

5. LED hide away for side marker of headlights (white) on NGPI. No front LAW for charger b/c they suck in charger headlights

6. SOS intersectors.

8. Warning light mounted interior of rear quarter window (blue)

10. Nforce or ion duos (B/A) on rear LP

11. Rear deck warning bar (I would keep this all Amber and keep the lightbar on the roof all blue to the rear. Keep the lightstick on a basic wigwag pattern when not in TA mode). There are 1/2 a dozen good product options here.

12. Whelen legacy (all blue)

14. Whelen cencom or 295SDA1 siren control

15. HLF for NGPI. HLF & brake wigwag TLF for charger

Eliminations:
-I think 4 is a waste of $.
-7 is unnecessary b/c you have plenty of side warning on the side of the PB, intersectors, lightbar, & rear side window. If u want more side warning, than I'd mount something behind the B-post on the side of the partition
-I got rid of all rear LAWs on the list. I think 3 levels of warning (lightbar, rear deck, & LP) give large blocks of lighting, as opposed to drowned out LAWs + I think that the rear tail housing suck for LAWs

Reactions: RL1

cybercop

May 31, 2010
USA, TX/South
Our future units:
1. FS Valor....possibly switching to Whelen Legacy
2. Setina Lighted pushbumper (dual color NForce's)
3. Rigid Dually's hooked to flasher and TD
4. Setina cages
5. Setina rifle/shotgun rack
6. SOS nErgy controller 200w
7. HLF/TLF
8. Digital Ally camera systems (hate them)
9. Stalker radar
10. SOS intersectors (dual color)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.