Excalibur and MX7000 compatability

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
hello, new guy here. i`m in the process of rebuilding an MX7000 light bar. i know most of the parts from the newer excalibur bar is compatable on the mx7000. im looking for takedown and front lights for the lower deck. if i used the excalibur lower deck halogen housing would they fit in a mx7000 body? i think they do but i want to be sure.

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
lower deck is bigger on a mx7k than the Excalibur. The opposite would work tho .

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
would they work? yes. however imho for what you’d spend on those, you could get the proper heads for the mx which offer better output and a much bigger footprint of light

*this is my opinion only and not a site sponsored recommendation

Reactions: Pete L.

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
thank you dave, and ehfd. ive just been looking around and wasnt having much luck surfing ebay for the proper ones. i might just be looking in the wrong places

Reactions: Dave F
May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have some lower level parts for the MX7000 if interested (sweeps, flashers and work lights plus a few amber filters).

Skidmark

Apr 1, 2020
Illinois
I have some lower level parts for the MX7000 if interested (sweeps, flashers and work lights plus a few amber filters).
i have won a bid for 2 of the halogen lights and the corner valleys. i was hoping to get my hands on 6 more halogens and 2 of the amber filters along with the 360RDK Alternating Take Down Wig-Wag Light Bar Flasher Module. do you have pics of what you have? and for how much?

May 21, 2010
Minnesota
I have some lower amber flasher and sweep filters. Not sure how many reflectors I have and do not have any flashers. The 700 series flashers are common for these hars too.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I have many of the light modules, and the amber filters. Let me know if other contacts fall out. I do have much MX, Code 360° and other code 3 parts.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The MX7000 ArrowStik is not a collection of disctete flasher reflectors that can be moved around, but rather a set of three (presuming a modern 47" bar) circuit boards with a total of either six or eight plastic reflectors in modern bars, or eight metal reflectors in the very earliest bars.

pCkweyF.jpg

3aorC0g.jpg

uLIlbxY.jpg

Photos credit: current eBay auctions.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
"or eight metal reflectors in the very earliest bars."

You would also need the positive switching controller for that style, model.

CD3

May 25, 2010
USA, CA
Contact me for used MX parts I have a load full. Including the arrowstick with 6 hole amber filters and controller. Mirrors, and lower 50 Watt MX lights, intersection also.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.