Expedition speaker locations

Fenn

May 28, 2010
Ocean County, NJ
I'm looking for feedback on speaker mounting locations for the newer 2015+ expeditions. The only vehicle specific brackets I can find are the whelen for the sa315p, which will also mount a triton and cyclone, and the federal signal for the es100.

The whelen puts the speaker in the middle of the grill and really seems like the best option

The federal signal mounts it between the headlight and the front wheel

My questions are,
Where are you guys placing them when upfitting?
Does mounting the speaker on the frame between the headlight and front wheel drastically diminish the sound?

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
Push bumper! lol

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
I don't know about that but push bumper mounting is pretty standard in Florida. Even in the beach agencies with the salt water.

I think with all the active shutter vehicles now you are going to start seeing more push bumpers out of a necessity.

Certainly reduces the sound output behind the bumpers.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
If it's a budget thing. I have one I'd let got cheap. Lol

rohmers

May 24, 2010
MA
I have two mounted behind bumper cover under headlights. I can't tell the difference at All! There is tons of room and it's really easy to mount down there

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.