Explain Your Username to Us

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Many of you have created your username from some mash-up of numbers, words, or names, tell us what they mean?

There are some usernames that are pretty straightforward, but there are far more usernames that only really mean something to the user that created it... share with us, if you will, the meaning behind it!

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
First name, first initial of my last name, and the last 4 digits of my cell phone number.

I use the same user name on most any forum I frequent.

mfdbenji

May 21, 2010
Castleton, Vermont
MFD for Middlebury Fire Department, I used to belong to this department, no longer as I moved closer to work.

Benji is what my friends used to call me in high school and college.

I use this username for everything, email, gamer tag, other forums, everything.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
BigWil because I'm 6'5" and 250lbs...and my first name is Wil. (Also, because it makes people wonder)

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
My first car, a '97 Crown Victoria PI that was retired by the Mercer County Sheriff's Department.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
ryan said:
it's my cousins neighbors great grandma's brothers dog's name.

"We named the dog Indiana."

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
dustymedic cause I'm semi retired as a paramedic. I also used to have a partner who had been around as long as me who went by dinomedic on many forums..

kd0giz

Jun 8, 2010
New Liberty IA
I used to be bluelightspecial2800, I was known as the blue light special on my previous dept who's radio number was 2800.

kd0giz is my Ham Call

LawrenceM1993

Jun 2, 2010
Saratoga NY/Norfolk VA
My name is Lawrence M (Most just call me Larry), and I was born in 1993.

triton911bj

May 24, 2010
Springville, PA
triton= name of my fire co. Triton Hose Co. + 911=im a dispatcher, Susquehanna cnty 911 + bj=not what many of you sick twised people are thinking lol..my nick name, triton911bj

DLuccia

May 21, 2010
Greater Waterbury CT
D first letter in my name Luccia is my last name and 327 is my Fire Company Gear/Badge # 327

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
I had a stack of Streethawk bars that I really needed to get rid of at the time I created my username, so it's really the first thing that came to mind. And I have a decent collection.

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
Well im a Vol FF so thats the Fire Station i Respond to. STATION 3

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
People call me Doug - perhaps because it's my first name. Seems a natural continuance of the trend to be called that here. And no, I don't go by Dr. Doug, nor Doogie (as I seemed to have picked up that as a nickname during the days of Doogie Howser, MD).

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
I used to be just Jarred. Somewhere down the line on the forums there was a request that if there is more than 1 of your name to add a first initial of last name hemce the j.

normally at work when i do paperwork i do my sig as j jones because uncle same didnt let you have a first name.

and for the alter ego

"my friends call me murphy, YOU can call me ROBOCOP" :p

May 22, 2010
New York City
Steve0625 said:
First name, first initial of my last name, and the last 4 digits of my cell phone number.

I use the same user name on most any forum I frequent.

stev, is a cool name lol b/c all is see is steve and 4 digits of your cell phone

Lookn2cuff

Jan 1, 2011
Brazos Valley Texas
Hmmm let's see, Lookn2cuff. Well, as having been a detective for quite a few years, I began using it for most of my PD stuff. Lookn= Looking, 2= to and cuff, well if I have to explain that one, well.... LOL. I was always looking to cuff up the bad guys and it just worked out for what I needed. So I've been using this one for many years now.

Steve0625

Jun 23, 2010
Northville NY
911 said:
stev, is a cool name lol b/c all is see is steve and 4 digits of your cell phone
Oops, you are right, this is the only forum where the "C" is missing. I think that happened when elb when down and then came back up. It would not let me use my regular username so I dropped the "C".

Now if a kindly admin would like to fix that for me.... :)

Oh yeah, I should explain the avatar, too. Notice that he's wearing a headset. What do you think my callsign was at work for nearly 28 years?

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
Steve0625 said:
Oops, you are right, this is the only forum where the "C" is missing. I think that happened when elb when down and then came back up. It would not let me use my regular username so I dropped the "C".

Now if a kindly admin would like to fix that for me.... :)

Oh yeah, I should explain the avatar, too. Notice that he's wearing a headset. What do you think my callsign was at work for nearly 28 years?
If you are just adding 1 letter into your username, I think JohnMarcson would be willing to accommodate that, just drop him a PM and make the request :)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.