Explosion injures several people at MDot Headquarters

Truck26

May 21, 2010
NYC
HANOVER, Md. - Sources tell ABC2News.com that several people have been injured after an explosion at the Maryland Department of Transportation Headquarters in Anne Arundel County. Sources also say it may have been an improvised explosive device.

It happened just after 1pm Thursday afternoon. ABC2 News reporter, Don Harrison, is at the scene where fire crews are treating those who were hurt.

Hazardous Materials units are also at the scene along with K-9 units. Authorities are working to set up a mobile command

Authorities have not released any more information.

2nd explosion reported at government building. Breaking news out of Annapolis now where a second explosion has been reported.

According to the Associated Press officials say two packages have exploded today in two state government buildings.

The Annaplis Capital reports the explosions occurred Thursday afternoon at the Jeffrey Building on Francis Street in downtown

Annapolis and another at the Maryland Department of Transportation building in Hanover.

The was no word on whether there were injuries

live stream http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestream/live.html

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
Someone not happy about snow removal??

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
dustymedic said:
Someone not happy about snow removal??

It's been pretty pathetic for snow fall this year (much to my dismay). These incidents are way too close to home for comfort, especially the MDOT incident.

BigWil

May 22, 2010
Ontario
I remember it like it was yesterday...I think I still have pics, too.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.