Extreme LED light review of Pro-Series 6" CREE LED Light Bar

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
This is the first of many posts in this thread....

the first post will deal with "unboxing"

this is what arrived at my house...

IMG_0097.JPG

and once i opened the box...

IMG_0098.JPG

the light is well packaged but the hard ware war laying on top of the light, the light was wrapped in foam paper so no damage from this set up.

IMG_0099.JPG

except for my leatherman this is what was in the box, the light, a bracket, the mounting hardware, a sticker, and the invoice/sale order.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
so after i take the light out of the foam and wrap i noticed it had an odd connector...

IMG_0104.JPG

IMG_0105.JPG

Without wanting to cut this harness and not wanting to guess which wire was which i emailed Chad which is our POC on this forum for the company...

i asked him if i was missing something or do i need to cut this connector. He advised me that i could cut the connector as their is a red and black wire in the shielding. but he asked me if i could wait a few more days for a harness. I advised him i would and then this showed up in the mail....

Reactions: jhook and Bill Boyd

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
IMG_0136.JPG

its a nice wiring harness with the proper connector a relay, switch and fuse....

the harness is very "pretty" but how effective it is probably depends on the vehicle it's being used on . I'm also not really "digging" the connectors for the battery as they will probably have to be modified to fit battery terminals (unless you have side mount studs).

Up next ill go over what i believe is all the mounting options as there were no instructions on how to use the hardware provided....

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The U bracket.....

IMG_0108.JPG

Stud mount (large)

IMG_0107.JPG

(side view of U bracket)
IMG_0110.JPG

Stud mount (small)
IMG_0111.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Here are some random pics i took....

Front

IMG_0100.JPG

close up of cree LEDs with optics for light spread...

IMG_0101.JPG

Bottom

How the front lens is attached to the body, I'm not sure what the silver "button" is for. (there is an allen wrench in the hardware kit for these screws, but I'm not sure why the end user would need to take them off?)

IMG_0102.JPG

IMG_0103.JPG

random cat for size comparison pic.

IMG_0116.JPG

Reactions: Dave F

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and a few more pics before i start doing some comparison/ "in use" pics...

This was taken with the ipod with light pointed directly at it...IMG_0114.JPG

and a teaser.. this is on the same black sheet you see the rest of the pics taken on...

IMG_0113.JPG

if the weather holds off this weekend ill more goodness next week.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
well I'm impressed i lit up a yard 3 houses down almost bright enough to see the 4th...

here it is light by itself. i placed it on top of the car and ran it off of a 12v 7ah battery, here im standing about 40 feet away from it in my neighbors yard...

IMG_0143.JPG

and heres the view from the light pointing out...

IMG_0141.JPG

the 2nd mini barn is in another barn about 10 feet from the neighbors fence...

walked across the street and took another pic facing the other yard....(you can see the white fence better lit up now)IMG_0144.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
the fence is another 50 - 60 feet from the other mini barn (not the chain link fence)

Ok so in this pic i flipped on the titan 100s. they are pointed down slightly and behind 20% tint.

IMG_0145.JPG

the way they are pointed they light the heck up out of my hood LOL

side view of titan 100s to show they're onIMG_0146.JPG

if i remember right my titans have the different optics so they aren't so wide spread.

in this shot you can see the titans are on and light the front of the car up better than the E LED light (but remember they are pointed down slightly)
IMG_0147.JPG

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
and a few random pics again...

tree about 40 feet above my house. (pointed light at tree)

IMG_0148.JPG

pointed the light vertically to light up a tree down the street.... (sulfur vapor street light, its one of the yellow ones)

IMG_0149.JPG

and i had another phot showing all the pollen in the air but website say its too big to upload....

any requests for pics before i give my final thoughts?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.