Extreme Tactical Dynamics & it's ‘Undercover 12’ LED equipment review

Fluffy126577

May 24, 2010
Toledo, OH
**Disclaimer**-

This review is MY experience from dealing with the company. This is no way saying what others have gone through and what others MIGHT go through in dealing with them.

Company Website; LED Police Lights, Light Bars, LED Warning Lights, Police Emergency Lights, Home Page: October Specials

Direct link to this product; Undercover 12 2.0 Grille LED Lights

Colors – Red/White split

4 wires – Positive/Negative wires, Simultaneous or Alternating Flash wire, and Synchronization and Flash wire

So I wanted to do a review on both the company and this particular product they sell as it seems that no one has really done such a comprehensive review of either the company itself or any of the products. So I figured I would go ahead and give it a shot so here we go.

I chose this particular product for a few different reasons. First and foremost was because I felt personally that this product was going to fit my application well. These were chosen to be inserts into the blank spots of my Whelen Edge 9M 12 strobe bar. I researched them and found that they were not only a pretty good fit within the application but they also would offer the effect I was going for and at the right price.

I contacted the company and spoke with a Chris. I actually didn’t have any major issues with getting a hold of a live person. Extreme Tactical Dynamics, like any other company, seem to be very busy and sometimes I had to leave a message or send an email but I was always contacted in my discussions with them. I told him what I needed and he shipped the item out on Friday June 10th 2011 and I received the package on Monday June 13, 2011. Here are photos from the packaging.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_10_38_497.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_10_54_996.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_11_48_54.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_12_16_520.jpg

The packaging for these LEDs were not bad at all. I have seen a lot better but certainly I have seen MUCH worse. I feel like the box it was shipped in was enough due to the tightness inside the package (they didn’t fall out when I turned the package open upside down) to protect from moderate bumps and bruises. The shipping box was a rigid Priority Mail Box so I was not too concerned.

Once I got the product out of the manufacture’s packaging it was clear what these units were comprised of. I was under the impression that they were a solid unit and would simply just be placed on the mounting surface and you’re done. But actually these products are pieced together.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_14_42_406.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_40_39_963.jpg

I had mixed emotions about this at first. I was a bit taken back when I just simply could not apply the product as I had thought I would into the light bar. Then after looking over all of the parts I saw that not only would the pieced parts actually benefit me but it would also be helpful in the actual application. I was now offered many new opportunities that I wasn’t before. Example 1) I ordered the lights in a red/white split. The parted product would let me change from the red/white split to red over red if I wanted to. I know that most of these LEDs have multiple pieces when they come but it was a pleasant surprise to see these were set up the same way as it was not expected. One glaring thing I saw was it is clearly marked that these lights were made in China. I was concerned at first as anyone should be but lets continue.

The lenses are of a hard durable plastic and of the same quality as I have seen with similar lights. The back of the LEDs were also of hard plastic and the epoxy seemed like it was set well. I moved the wire harness around and around, twisting all the wires together, spreading them all around, and seemed to hold well. I wasn’t too concerned as there were not going to be places out in the elements so I do not know how the product will respond to the elements, though, they are made to be used in an external application.

I installed them as mentioned above in the blank plates in the 12 strobe bar. They were hard wired in and everything covered accordingly. Once being installed they worked as they should with no issues.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_28_19_16_20_431.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_28_19_14_58_592_1.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_25_16_00_49_101.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_25_15_59_03_304.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_30_21_22_58_426_1.jpg

So today, 10/26/2011, I am finally ready to finish this review and place it up. Personally I feel like these lights are of good quality and have lasted many hours of use. I normally leave them on when I am on scene and they mesh really well with the dynamics of the rest of the bar and lighting package. I have kept them with the set X pattern I initially went with and it adds an additional pattern to catch the eye. I can say that overall I am pleased with how bright the products are and how well they have held up and performed. Even with these products seeming to be made in China they are not the normal China lights you would get off of Ebay or something of the sort.

I know there are a lot of people who might have had unpleasant experiences with the company and I am going to say that’s unfortunate.

I personally would buy from Extreme Tactical Dynamics again. I have had friends locally who have bought from them. I would also recommend it to a friend who might need something quick and on the fly and at a decent price.

Any questions, comments, concerns please post them or send me a PM. Thanks!!

If you liked my review and would like me to do one for any of your products please contact me. I thoroughly enjoyed this one that I did and would love to do more.

Mustang302

Nov 26, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Fluffy126577 said:
**Disclaimer**-
This review is MY experience from dealing with the company. This is no way saying what others have gone through and what others MIGHT go through in dealing with them.

Company Website; LED Police Lights, Light Bars, LED Warning Lights, Police Emergency Lights, Home Page: October Specials

Direct link to this product; Undercover 12 2.0 Grille LED Lights

Colors – Red/White split

4 wires – Positive/Negative wires, Simultaneous or Alternating Flash wire, and Synchronization and Flash wire

So I wanted to do a review on both the company and this particular product they sell as it seems that no one has really done such a comprehensive review of either the company itself or any of the products. So I figured I would go ahead and give it a shot so here we go.

I chose this particular product for a few different reasons. First and foremost was because I felt personally that this product was going to fit my application well. These were chosen to be inserts into the blank spots of my Whelen Edge 9M 12 strobe bar. I researched them and found that they were not only a pretty good fit within the application but they also would offer the effect I was going for and at the right price.

I contacted the company and spoke with a Chris. I actually didn’t have any major issues with getting a hold of a live person. Extreme Tactical Dynamics, like any other company, seem to be very busy and sometimes I had to leave a message or send an email but I was always contacted in my discussions with them. I told him what I needed and he shipped the item out on Friday June 10th 2011 and I received the package on Monday June 13, 2011. Here are photos from the packaging.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_10_38_497.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_10_54_996.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_11_48_54.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_12_16_520.jpg

The packaging for these LEDs were not bad at all. I have seen a lot better but certainly I have seen MUCH worse. I feel like the box it was shipped in was enough due to the tightness inside the package (they didn’t fall out when I turned the package open upside down) to protect from moderate bumps and bruises. The shipping box was a rigid Priority Mail Box so I was not too concerned.

Once I got the product out of the manufacture’s packaging it was clear what these units were comprised of. I was under the impression that they were a solid unit and would simply just be placed on the mounting surface and you’re done. But actually these products are pieced together.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_14_42_406.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_13_17_40_39_963.jpg

I had mixed emotions about this at first. I was a bit taken back when I just simply could not apply the product as I had thought I would into the light bar. Then after looking over all of the parts I saw that not only would the pieced parts actually benefit me but it would also be helpful in the actual application. I was now offered many new opportunities that I wasn’t before. Example 1) I ordered the lights in a red/white split. The parted product would let me change from the red/white split to red over red if I wanted to. I know that most of these LEDs have multiple pieces when they come but it was a pleasant surprise to see these were set up the same way as it was not expected. One glaring thing I saw was it is clearly marked that these lights were made in China. I was concerned at first as anyone should be but lets continue.

The lenses are of a hard durable plastic and of the same quality as I have seen with similar lights. The back of the LEDs were also of hard plastic and the epoxy seemed like it was set well. I moved the wire harness around and around, twisting all the wires together, spreading them all around, and seemed to hold well. I wasn’t too concerned as there were not going to be places out in the elements so I do not know how the product will respond to the elements, though, they are made to be used in an external application.

I installed them as mentioned above in the blank plates in the 12 strobe bar. They were hard wired in and everything covered accordingly. Once being installed they worked as they should with no issues.

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_28_19_16_20_431.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_2011_06_28_19_14_58_592_1.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_25_16_00_49_101.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_25_15_59_03_304.jpg

ai94.photobucket.com_albums_l115_Derendall_th_2011_06_30_21_22_58_426_1.jpg

So today, 10/26/2011, I am finally ready to finish this review and place it up. Personally I feel like these lights are of good quality and have lasted many hours of use. I normally leave them on when I am on scene and they mesh really well with the dynamics of the rest of the bar and lighting package. I have kept them with the set X pattern I initially went with and it adds an additional pattern to catch the eye. I can say that overall I am pleased with how bright the products are and how well they have held up and performed. Even with these products seeming to be made in China they are not the normal China lights you would get off of Ebay or something of the sort.

I know there are a lot of people who might have had unpleasant experiences with the company and I am going to say that’s unfortunate.

I personally would buy from Extreme Tactical Dynamics again. I have had friends locally who have bought from them. I would also recommend it to a friend who might need something quick and on the fly and at a decent price.

Any questions, comments, concerns please post them or send me a PM. Thanks!!

If you liked my review and would like me to do one for any of your products please contact me. I thoroughly enjoyed this one that I did and would love to do more.

I just purchused 3 sets of Halo 6 for my Kawasaki kz1000P..I liked your review very informative..I posted my kawasaki in the installs and got much feedback from the members how they do not like ETD so far I like them and the price..they mounted well on my motorcycle radio box and are very brite..it was refreshing to see your review because i thought i might of bought some bad lights..anyways great review I will keep you posted if i have any issues with these lights Thanks Damon:)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.