F150 speaker location

FusionWolf

Hi all,
I have a 2019 f150. Trying to find a good place to mount a whelen sa315p speaker. I know whelen makes a vehicle specific mount for this but it makes the speaker stick out and you have to relocate the license plate. Code 3 also makes a bracket but I cant find any pictures of where it mounts.
The vehicle does have active shutters which make it hard to go behind the grille. Theres a large space behind the bumper but not alot of strong mounting points.
And suggestions would be great.
Thank you!

crash421a

Registered Member
I mounted a Whelen SA315 speaker for a friend's 2019 F150 behind the license plate. I used a Whelen bracket for a 2017 F150 and drilled holes and used 3" bolts and lock nuts. You can't see the speaker behind the license plate and it didn't affect the fins behind it. He loves it.

OP
OP
FusionWolf

FusionWolf

I mounted a Whelen SA315 speaker for a friend's 2019 F150 behind the license plate. I used a Whelen bracket for a 2017 F150 and drilled holes and used 3" bolts and lock nuts. You can't see the speaker behind the license plate and it didn't affect the fins behind it. He loves it.
You wouldnt happen to have a picture of that or could get a picture would you? I checked the whelen bracket originally but the install sheet shows it sticking out past the bumper and the license plate needing relocation.

crash421a

Registered Member
No, I don't have any pics. The bracket was to be mounted behind the grille, but the grille on a 2017 F150 is narrower than a 2019 so I just drilled holes and fabbed in the bracket so it fit without blocking the air fins and not needing to remove the license plate bracket.

OP
OP
FusionWolf

FusionWolf

I gotchya I'll have to give that a shot. Thank you
No, I don't have any pics. The bracket was to be mounted behind the grille, but the grille on a 2017 F150 is narrower than a 2019 so I just drilled holes and fabbed in the bracket so it fit without blocking the air fins and not needing to remove the license plate bracket.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Members
Latest member
Mattr
Top Bottom