F150 speaker location

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
Hi all,
I have a 2019 f150. Trying to find a good place to mount a whelen sa315p speaker. I know whelen makes a vehicle specific mount for this but it makes the speaker stick out and you have to relocate the license plate. Code 3 also makes a bracket but I cant find any pictures of where it mounts.
The vehicle does have active shutters which make it hard to go behind the grille. Theres a large space behind the bumper but not alot of strong mounting points.
And suggestions would be great.
Thank you!

crash421a

Mar 31, 2020
Henderson, Nevada
I mounted a Whelen SA315 speaker for a friend's 2019 F150 behind the license plate. I used a Whelen bracket for a 2017 F150 and drilled holes and used 3" bolts and lock nuts. You can't see the speaker behind the license plate and it didn't affect the fins behind it. He loves it.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I mounted a Whelen SA315 speaker for a friend's 2019 F150 behind the license plate. I used a Whelen bracket for a 2017 F150 and drilled holes and used 3" bolts and lock nuts. You can't see the speaker behind the license plate and it didn't affect the fins behind it. He loves it.
You wouldnt happen to have a picture of that or could get a picture would you? I checked the whelen bracket originally but the install sheet shows it sticking out past the bumper and the license plate needing relocation.

crash421a

Mar 31, 2020
Henderson, Nevada
No, I don't have any pics. The bracket was to be mounted behind the grille, but the grille on a 2017 F150 is narrower than a 2019 so I just drilled holes and fabbed in the bracket so it fit without blocking the air fins and not needing to remove the license plate bracket.

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I gotchya I'll have to give that a shot. Thank you
No, I don't have any pics. The bracket was to be mounted behind the grille, but the grille on a 2017 F150 is narrower than a 2019 so I just drilled holes and fabbed in the bracket so it fit without blocking the air fins and not needing to remove the license plate bracket.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.