Fake Whelen Equipment

Mar 10, 2020
California
On Youtube, there's an Indonesian company called "Grounding Fleet Safety" (formerly "Micro Siren") which is selling Whelen sirens for ridiculously low prices. A "295SL" from them is ~$70 if I recall correctly. They don't look like authentic Whelens, but they definitely sound like it. See here:

My question is, is this company legit? I remember years ago there was a South African company that everyone thought was fake, and they turned out to be real. If they aren't, should we notify Whelen?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.