Fascination with Chinese lights?

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I was talking with John a couple months back about how the site has really turned in a forum with mostly dealers of Chinese lights versus the old days where it was all name brand. Tonight I was reading about a new company on here going through some struggles dealing Chinese lights and although the company seems very honest, upfront, and forthcoming about delays, issues, and product issues I just asked myself what's the benefit?

I know guys want to save money and are trying to go the way of cheap Chinese lights but reading the numerous threads loaded with customer service issues or lack of customer service altogether, delays, and other issues I kept asking is a few bucks saved worth the benefits if there are any? Customer service issues aside most lights offer no SAE rating, no product liability, and generally less than average quality and output. Had a guy call today who went this route and ended up with a company who wouldn't stand behind the light so he ordered a new D12 and his biggest complaint was he wished someone warned him. I asked if he knew it was Chinese stuff and he said yes so I had to laugh.

Now so I am very clear I am not bashing any company on the site. I am strictly asking does the benefit out weigh the risks when going with a Chinese light versus a name brand? Thoughts?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
For those of us on the board who make very little money from volunteer fire or EMS, sometimes, yes, a few dollars (in this case being about 50- several hundred probably) difference between american and chinese is a selling point for some. People seem to give chinese lights crap because they think theyre junk. I've delt with some that were complete trash, and I deal with some that are great! Not all chinese manufacturers should be classified as bad right off the bat. You're really not going to be able to know whether a company is very good or very bad, until a little bit later on down the road. I'm sure it took a reasonable amount of time before the SNM brand started selling, Louis.

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
The biggest draw is the HUGE cost difference. A Whelen Dominator D8 is almost $500. A CPS 8 head light stick is less than $200. To save $300, people are willing to take a chance. If you can plan ahead and be willing to wait 2 months, seems to me that its worthwhile to save $300... IF the product is quality. Items like PimpPods are generally regarded as being of good quality and light output for a lower price than Whelen, and with more options (3 head, 4 head, 6 head).

Time will tell if some of these items are worth the wait.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
It sells. A friend of mine placed two orders with LED Outfitters 5 days apart. I calculated the order numbers and there was a difference of 135. 135 orders in 5 days. I doubt that he is changing his order numbers, it's possible but unlikely. If someone could get good products and STOCK them, it would be great. Have products and parts ready to ship. There is obviously a market and anyone who could do this would make a decent profit. The next thing is to stand behind your warranty and answer your phone.

If you are doing this part-time, then so is your customer service. A business requires your full attention. If you just trying to sell a few lights and make a few bucks, well, go to it. Don't be surprised when people rip on you for it. Your customer's time and money is worth a lot to them as yours is to you. Most customers don't look at the light business as Party-Lite or Avon. My suggestion for people who want to do that is to keep it local. If you put up a website, people think your in business. Just something to think about.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
As a dealer of both name brand and import brand ( which you are the same exact thing "strobesnmore") i see the biggest difference being the price. I have been around the emergency vehicle lighting my entire life. I come from a public service family. mom,dad,brothers,uncles,as well as myself are all involved in public service. And the long and the short of it is simple, vehicle lighting is too damn expensive!!!

If a company can import a good quality product and offer it at a good price than why should it matter where it comes from. I know that some of the imported stuff is junk, but some of it is awesome. There are a lot of people that can not afford to buy product from a name brand company. If you can than great, but there has to be a source for lighting that fills the gap between having no lighting at all because of the price and taking a second mortgage to be able to afford it.

If you want to one of those people that refuses to buy anything imported than you need to go thru your house and throw everything away that was not made in the US. Your cell phone, TV, computer, most of your furniture, probably every pair of shoes/boots you own, and countless other products will be out on the curb.

I will only carry a line of products that i have had a chance to see in person and that has had some decent reviews. I want to be able to help everybody from the local fire/police/ems departments to the volunteers, and the spending limits between the 2 are vastly different. In this business you have to be able to appeal to everybody's budget. While i know i got into emergency lighting as a business, i am vested in it because i know from personal experience how important it is to have quality lighting for my safety responding and while on-scene. In the many years before i got into this business i only bought from the guys that had real world experience with emergency lighting. I knew that these guys had been in my shoes using these lights the same way i was going to use them.

I dont care where the product comes from as long it it is dependable, bright, and serves its intended purpose and is affordable.

As far as doing it on the side and only having part time customer service, i have to disagree. I work full time and run my business on the side, however one of the perks of being in public service is the amount of downtime we have. I pride myself on my customer service and do a hell of a job at it in my opinion. You only get out of something the same effort you put into it. I cant say that i can always get back to somebody right away ( within minutes) but what i can say is that i do everything possible to make sure by the end of the day i have responded to everybody.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
I do think it's hard for a lot of vollies out there to buy lights. But some that buy this china garbage, just risk their lives, and the lives of others. I think a lot of them make the mistake and spend what little money they have on fancy china led's versus some old school strobes, or rotators. Even code 3 2100 bars can be had for around $250 if you look hard. I've always had a small budget for my car, so i buy most of my stuff used, except my e66 SNM traffic advisor.

Total i've spent $635

Here is the breakdown:

R/B Slimlighter in front window- $115

one red, one blue lin4 in grille- $55

Axixtech tri's in corner lamps- $100

HLF- $30

TLF-$20

SNM E66- $250

Code 3 Vcon- $25

Siren Speaker - $40

If you ask me $635 is easily worth it, because those lights could very well save my life. I could probably do just fine without the grille lights and the TLF, and could have gotten a smaller bar from SNM and saved more money and still would have been sufficient.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Fast LT1 said:
I do think it's hard for a lot of vollies out there to buy lights. But some that buy this china garbage, just risk their lives, and the lives of others. I think a lot of them make the mistake and spend what little money they have on fancy china led's versus some old school strobes, or rotators. Even code 3 2100 bars can be had for around $250 if you look hard. I've always had a small budget for my car, so i buy most of my stuff used, except my e66 SNM traffic advisor.

Total i've spent $635

Here is the breakdown:

R/B Slimlighter in front window- $115

one red, one blue lin4 in grille- $55

Axixtech tri's in corner lamps- $100

HLF- $30

TLF-$20

SNM E66- $250

Code 3 Vcon- $25

Siren Speaker - $40

If you ask me $635 is easily worth it, because those lights could very well save my life. I could probably do just fine without the grille lights and the TLF, and could have gotten a smaller bar from SNM and saved more money and still would have been sufficient.

I'm glad you have a simple, cost effective setup. But why do you just categorize using ANY Chinese light as risking your life?? You risk your life when you run code to begin with.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
The words China, and the following words do not belong in the same sentence together, Reliable, Dependable, Bright, Long lasting.

I could be wrong, if someone would send me a chinese made light that was just as bright as a whelen TIR6 and was just as durable, i would gladly admit i was wrong. But i have yet to see it. There are high quality lights that come out of other countries, though there are also crappy lights that come out of other countries too.

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Fast LT1 said:
The words China, and the following words do not belong in the same sentence together, Reliable, Dependable, Bright, Long lasting.

I could be wrong, if someone would send me a chinese made light that was just as bright as a whelen TIR6 and was just as durable, i would gladly admit i was wrong. But i have yet to see it. There are high quality lights that come out of other countries, though there are also crappy lights that come out of other countries too.

You're really mixing 2 separate trains of thought together here: in the former statement of your post, you said That china has no reputable adjectives that can be associated with it, however in the latter part of your post, you say that there are good and bad products that come from overseas.. In a little confused. And I wish that somebody just sent me lights too! But look at reviews of a slimline freedom from CPS. They look pretty good in my opinion. I've installed a couple and the customers love them. Buy one in high intensity from CPS. If you hate it, you'll get your money back. If not, you just got the same light for a hundred bucks less. Unless you've personally tested each brand of Chinese lights, please don't speak Ill of all of them. I know led guy left a bitter taste in people's mouths with poor customer service and some bad products. Or voltex. But not all Chinese is bad! I just don't think that people should judge something they might have not necessarily had a lot of experience with.(different brands of Chinese lights)

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
jcpse said:
You're really mixing 2 separate trains of thought together here: in the former statement of your post, you said That china has no reputable adjectives that can be associated with it, however in the latter part of your post, you say that there are good and bad products that come from overseas.. In a little confused. And I wish that somebody just sent me lights too! But look at reviews of a slimline freedom from CPS. They look pretty good in my opinion. I've installed a couple and the customers love them. Buy one in high intensity from CPS. If you hate it, you'll get your money back. If not, you just got the same light for a hundred bucks less. Unless you've personally tested each brand of Chinese lights, please don't speak Ill of all of them. I know led guy left a bitter taste in people's mouths with poor customer service and some bad products. Or voltex. But not all Chinese is bad! I just don't think that people should judge something they might have not necessarily had a lot of experience with.(different brands of Chinese lights)

There are good products that come from OTHER countries, just not china, at least when it comes to EMV lighting. I thought about buying from CPS, but i looked around and i could get a CPS Chinese light for $98 or a Galls TN with 5 year warranty for $100. I decided to make the right choice, BUY AMERICAN, and get something that has a quality warranty behind it. I rather buy used quality products from the forum that i can get warrantied out if they fail, rather than spend money and get lights that i might not be able to warranty out if they fail.

IronCobra

Jan 3, 2012
Texas
Fast LT1 said:

Here is something worth reading:

President Barack Obama once asked the late Steve Jobs why iPhones couldn’t be made in the U.S. – and the former CEO told him they would never be made on home soil, according to a witness. Apple does employ 43,000 people in the U.S compared to 20,000 overseas, but that’s dwarfed by the 400,000 workers from America that General Motors employed in the 1950s.
Apple insiders say that China simply offers too much production power and flexibility to be ignored – with some plants even housing workers on site so they’re available at the drop of a hat.

Once a foreman woke up 8,000 workers with tea and biscuits so they could fit newly designed iPhone screens in 12-hour shifts, according to a report in The New York Times

Just three days later 10,000 iPhones a day were rolling off the production line. The executive told the paper: ‘The speed and flexibility is breathtaking. There’s no American plant that can match that.’ Another former executive, Jennifer Rigoni, told the same paper that Foxconn, which makes the iPhone, ‘could hire 3,000 people overnight’. She exclaimed: ‘What U.S. plant can find 3,000 people overnight and convince them to live in dorms?’ When Apple decided that 8,700 engineers would be required to oversee the 200,000 iPhone workers on the production lines, it calculated that nine months would be needed to find them in America – China rustled them up in a staggering 15 days. Foxconn, it’s reported, also deploys hundreds of guards to ensure that the thousands of workers walking around its factories don’t get caught in bottlenecks. Mr Jobs told Mr Obama that more jobs could go back to the U.S. – but only if there were simply more engineers available to be employed.

Read more: Why is the iPhone made in China and not America? | Mail Online

Fast LT1 said:

How many people have sent you chinese made lights to compete against Whelen? I wish they would send me lights to "try". You have "yet to see it" because you haven't and probably won't try to buy a Chinese light.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
IronCobra said:
Here is something worth reading:

How many people have sent you chinese made lights to compete against Whelen? I wish they would send me lights to "try". You have "yet to see it" because you haven't and probably won't try to buy a Chinese light.

I'm not that ignorant. I have purchased a few different brands of china lights, such as voltex. I tested them in the past and had no luck, they were dim and didn't last long.

BowersZach

Dec 19, 2011
United States Iowa
Well put your pc knowledge to use then look up where whelen really comes from then tell me that all china lights are BAD!!!!!! Know your lights before saying things are bad before you know the actual item you are talking about. Look at it in car audio go to wal mart and buy a JVC cd player then go to crutchfield and buy the same JVC cd player and tell me the diffrence even know they are the same model number and brand. You cant speak for ALL china lights till you have tried ALL the china lights.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
CPSAuthority said:
Well put your pc knowledge to use then look up where whelen really comes from then tell me that all china lights are BAD!!!!!! Know your lights before saying things are bad before you know the actual item you are talking about. Look at it in car audio go to wal mart and buy a JVC cd player then go to crutchfield and buy the same JVC cd player and tell me the diffrence even know they are the same model number and brand. You cant speak for ALL china lights till you have tried ALL the china lights.

No one can test all china lights, that's damn near impossible. I'm getting tired of arguing about this. Fine if you want to save $10 on a light, and risk burning your car down, getting hit, and or wasting your money on a light that could fail, be my guest. I'm not a sales person for any brand or manufacturer, i just think people should be safe. When going into battle do you want a $100 gun you bought at a pawn shop, or a new AR15?

Nov 7, 2011
New England
Fast LT1 said:
No one can test all china lights, that's damn near impossible. I'm getting tired of arguing about this. Fine if you want to save $10 on a light, and risk burning your car down, getting hit, and or wasting your money on a light that could fail, be my guest. I'm not a sales person for any brand or manufacturer, i just think people should be safe. When going into battle do you want a $100 gun you bought at a pawn shop, or a new AR15?

You make it sound like saving hard earned money on a product that's quality you know nothing about, is a BAD thing!

IronCobra

Jan 3, 2012
Texas
Fast LT1 said:

I don't know, last time I checked, the AK47 isn't American made but seems to perform better than the AR15/M4 Carbine (which I have both of).

Also, we're not talking about saving $50 most of the time. We're talking about saving $500-2000 in many instances.

Oh, my AR

20111219_185605.jpg

Mar 7, 2012
Wheeling,WV
All LEDs are made in China. The quality of the LED depends on the company you get them from. The gen 1 lights that everyone gives a bad rap have got better over the years. All motorcycle LEDs that are SAE and DOT certified are gen 1 LEDs. Just because it's a gen 1 LED does not mean it is not bright. I can get gen 1 LEDs that could give superflux a run for their money. LEDs can be helped or hurt with the optics put over them. The surface mount LEDs in some of the products out, I can get a gen 1 LED to put it to shame.

FireMedic129

Jul 19, 2011
Kentucky
Fast LT1 said:

I have seen both Whelen and federal have serious internal problems that could of started a fire if the conditions were right.

and the last time i checked the little pistol i bought at the pawn shop will kill somebody just as fast as my M4!!! the both go bang!!!!! :undecided:

i dont know of any light in the world that will 100% keep you from being struck on a roadway, if its gonna happen its gonna happen. it wont matter if you have $10 in lights or $1000 in lights.

IronCobra

Jan 3, 2012
Texas
FireMedic129 said:
I have seen both Whelen and federal have serious internal problems that could of started a fire if the conditions were right.

and the last time i checked the little pistol i bought at the pawn shop will kill somebody just as fast as my M4!!! the both go bang!!!!! :undecided:

i dont know of any light in the world that will 100% keep you from being struck on a roadway, if its gonna happen its gonna happen. it wont matter if you have $10 in lights or $1000 in lights.

Very true!

To further your point, I believe that the VAST majority of LEA Vehicle Fires are probably started because of the crappy work most installation companies do. My god, I would be scared to get in half the vehicles I've seen taken apart. It's like most installers don't know how to wire a simple SPDT Relay. :rolleyes:

dovy6

May 18, 2011
Brooklyn
To me it's not as much where the lights are made as it is the quality of the light. The fact is, many if not most of the "warning led lights" that are out there are dangerous. Either not bright enough, or they'll just fail for no reason, or they leak, or whatever way they manage to get screwed up, they do.

I don't care if your lights are made in China, Japan, Europe, or in America. If you want me to buy from you, I've got to see your lights personally during the day to judge brightness.

There's also gotta be a warranty and / or evidence of them "lasting." Trouble is LEDs haven't been around long enough to have "lasted". There are lightbars from the big names that are 20 years old or more still in use.

As time goes on, some of the Chinese made lights are going to stand out as bright, strong, durable, etc. As that happens I'd probably buy Chinese lights.... But it's probably not going to be for a while.

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
IronCobra said:
I don't know, last time I checked, the AK47 isn't American made but seems to perform better than the AR15/M4 Carbine (which I have both of).

Define performance. In range and accuracy the AK comes short of the M16 family of rifles. If you're refering to reliablity, The M16/M4 has come a long way since the first A1's rolled off the lines. Google "BCM Flilthy 14" and see what current AR's can do. Not denying the AK's place. It's design has carried on for what, 70 years? There is a reason for that.

As for the China lights issue, I'm on the fence. The market drives the jobs in China. Why, economically speaking, should Apple keep their production strictly in America? They can manufacture for less and, in theory, pass those "savings" onto the consumer. Personally I would rather save the money to get an American brand light, but I can see why a fleet that is short of money would look into the lesser price of these lights.

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
dovy6 said:
The fact is, many if not most of the "warning led lights" that are out there are dangerous. Either not bright enough, or they'll just fail for no reason, or they leak, or whatever way they manage to get screwed up, they do.

One point we don't touch on as much - sometimes they're TOO bright. I've been blinded by warning LEDs mounted to a trailer while passing through a DWI checkpoint (and the other one, a mile up the road, too)!

firefightin6

Jun 9, 2011
USA, East Coast
Doug said:
One point we don't touch on as much - sometimes they're TOO bright. I've been blinded by warning LEDs mounted to a trailer while passing through a DWI checkpoint (and the other one, a mile up the road, too)!

Your right but alot of lights have a night-time dimming mode, the problem is no-one uses it. Thats why you get blinded.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
First let me say some really great comments buts lets all try and stay on tracks and keep this subject to lights. Couple things that come to mind for me while reading these posts is that you can't compare Apple to a Chinese made lights and for several reasons. Apple (and only using them as they were mentioned) does all the design work, testing, technical specs, and guarantees the product meets their strict requirements and all that is done here in the USA. Unless you are going to do all this which I can guarantee most companies do not you are buying and off the shelf light with no input whatsoever and 90% of the time are just a copy of products made by other companies. No design work, no testing, no SAE, and no product liability. As for the comparison to our branded products NONE come from China for this reason and every product we ever tested failed miserably. Our lights come from Tiawan and we spend lots of time on design, testing, getting SAE approvals and testing and we pay for these services.

Other point I am reading is that cost is a huge factor but are you really saving? For example I have a knock off Talon and Avenger. Put these two lights next to a Whelen Slimmiser which sells for $85.00 and guess which is brighter, built better, and backed by a company here in the US? Yes the Slimmiser. Granted you may not get as "big" of a light and by big i mean size light but as the old joke says "does size matter?"

When I help customers spec lights for their vehicle its not the number of lights its the quality and placement of key lights that get you noticed. Lights down low in the grill of a sedan are not going to matter if you have a good quality dash light properly mounted.

Thanks for the feedback and be safe. Louis

Last edited by a moderator:

chief1562

Mar 18, 2011
Slaterville/NY
IronCobra said:

Also, we're not talking about saving $50 most of the time. We're talking about saving $500-2000 in many instances.

Oh, my AR

It looks like it could use some TLC with all the rust on the barrel and on the butt. I wouldn't trust that. :hahano:

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
I think people are getting caught up thinking that consumers will only save $10 or $20 by going with an off-brand light. IMO, that's rarely the case. I can often save an individual or dept anywhere from $200 to thousands of dollars. These dollars count, especially for volunteers, many of which do not get paid for their services.

There is an abundance of companies out there just looking to make a buck off of these lights, and don't care whether what they sell is quality or crap. But, there are also companies out there with the best and most sincerest intentions; to offer their customers comparable lights at big savings. If I can offer my customer a light for $99 which is similar to the Avenger at $240, then I feel like I am doing my job pretty well. If, on the other hand, the customer chooses to go out and get the more expensive Whelen, Code 3, Fed Sig light, all the power to them. As long as the customer is getting a quality light that they can afford and that will make them more visible, I am happy.

What kind of country would this be if customers didn't have a choice of where to get their products from?

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I completely agree with you Tom however how does that $99.00 light compare to a name brand light of the same cost and how does it compare to the light its knocking off say the Whelen Avenger? That is the real question the consumer is missing, they just see Avenger for $200 and a copy or similar light for $100 and think they are getting a deal when they could buy a US made $100 light which is really the apples to apples comparison.

I think the term comparible is very loosely used and thats where the customer is getting screwed. Looks wise sure they are comparible, output, performance, features, quality, certiciations, and warranty not even in the same ballpark. I think everyone will agree that a knockoff Avenger is no where near close to the real deal nor should it be compared to such. This is the case with the video circulating on this site and Whelen posted on their facebook page showing the real deal against the knockoff.

If dealers compared apples to apples the sales would drop, however the customer who they claim to look out for would truely get the most bang for thier buck, which according to you is the reason most are in business.

BowersZach

Dec 19, 2011
United States Iowa
I personally have a whelen slimlighter blue/blue our (CPS slim-line freedom) is actually brighter during daylight and night time. There is a better diffrence in the blue color of the LEDs so i dont think when you refer to overseas lights you should speak to as all. As far as warranty ours is a 2 year no hassle and we have had our supplier even say they will do 5 year so i dont beleive you are totally correct.

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
CPSAuthority said:
I personally have a whelen slimlighter blue/blue our (CPS slim-line freedom) is actually brighter during daylight and night time. There is a better diffrence in the blue color of the LEDs so i dont think when you refer to overseas lights you should speak to as all. As far as warranty ours is a 2 year no hassle and we have had our supplier even say they will do 5 year so i dont beleive you are totally correct.

Ok, now i'm getting annoyed and I'm going to settle this shit the right way. I'm calling total bullshit on this! 1. Learn how to spell, its difference not diffrence and believe not beleive. 2nd send me the link to your website so i can purchase said Slim line thingy in R/B so i can do a comparison and full review of your product compared to a REAL whelen slimlighter and when it does not hold up to my test, it will be mailed back to your front door step, and i expect a refund, or all hell will probably break loose.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Fast LT1 said:
Ok, now i'm getting annoyed and I'm going to settle this shit the right way. I'm calling total bullshit on this! 1. Learn how to spell, its difference not diffrence and believe not beleive. 2nd send me the link to your website so i can purchase said Slim line thingy in R/B so i can do a comparison and full review of your product compared to a REAL whelen slimlighter and when it does not hold up to my test, it will be mailed back to your front door step, and i expect a refund, or all hell will probably break loose.

uh oh, here we go :popcorn:

Doug

May 23, 2010
Maryland
firefightin6 said:
Your right but alot of lights have a night-time dimming mode, the problem is no-one uses it. Thats why you get blinded.

That, and people seem to believe that more lights = safer. That's not always the case (unless you believe that a blinded driver equals a safe driver).

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
CPSAuthority said:

Is this the light to which you are referring?

Slim-Line Freedom [LED6004 - 982] - $70.00 : Emergency LED Lights for Vehicles

Edit: After watching 4 minutes of flash pattern video for that light, i've come to the conclusion that EVERY single flash patter sucks. The light needs to flash one entire side then the other.

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I don't think its fair that you start comparing your lights to others as its a very bias opinion. I also note that your company has trademark infringements all over your site misleading consumers to think they are getting a trademark product when in reality they are getting a Chinese light that is not even on the same playing field as the real item. I know this because we requested an opinion from Whelen for a customer looking to price match a "TIR3" on your site to the "TIR3" on our site. The term "TIR3" as it related to this type of product is trademarked to Whelen as are several others you are using for lights that in no way are associated with Whelen Engineering.

I too would be very skeptical of the light you claim to be brighter than the Whelen Ultra slimlighter costing twice as much. I have seen the light you refer to as a slimlight and its no way close. Have you had the light Lumen tested cause I will be happy to do it for you as we have a meter designed to test the output.

I know you want to sell your lights but as I made very clear this is not about a certain company so lets try and keep it that way for the sake of this post. If not the post will go down hill fast and I will ask that it be locked. Thanks

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Strobes,

Why do you feel the need to compete against the name brands that you carry with your own imported brand? I find that interesting. Then you want to pick apart Tom for selling his. How do your lights compare to Whelen? Will the D12 blow away Whelen lights?

Fast LT1

May 24, 2010
Sedgwick County, KS
badge22 said:
Strobes,

Why do you feel the need to compete against the name brands that you carry with your own imported brand? I find that interesting. Then you want to pick apart Tom for selling his. How do your lights compare to Whelen? Will the D12 blow away Whelen lights?

In my honest opinion, SNM lights are just as good as whelen's, They are SAE approved, and carry a warranty, plus SNM has some of the best customer service in the industry, with one of the fastest ship times. The only place that i have found to beat SNM in shipping time was SWPS.

badge22

Aug 14, 2010
MI, United States
Fast LT1 said:
In my honest opinion, SNM lights are just as good as whelen's, They are SAE approved, and carry a warranty, plus SNM has some of the best customer service in the industry, with one of the fastest ship times. The only place that i have found to beat SNM in shipping time was SWPS.

Yeah, but really, what's the point? If Whelen is so great, they don't need their own brand. SAE would approve a monkey with a flashlight. Many China lights are SAE approved, most aren't.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.