Fast Motor

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
I obtained a Federal type I motor for my Sireno beacon, 8422B111 and installed it. Thing is fast, too fast ! It came out of a Federal Jetsonic. This would be great in a Jetsonic or even a Twinsonic or anything else someone wants to move fast.

I'm open for an even trade for a slightly slower, but quiet type I if anyone is interested. this motor is very quite, the phone camera enhances the sound plus the light is not all the way together. See Video

20171111_211145 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: southpaw

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
The problem is that the JetSonic is a singel rotator light and the Sireno a four sealed beam light.
If the JetSonic gives 80 flashes per minutes you will have 320 flashes when used with four sealed beams.
I do not know how many flashes you have now but it seems to be between 200 and 300 flashes per minute.
You need a resistor for the power to the motor that take down the voltage by four to about 3 Volt and you will have a more normal speed.
If the torque of the motor would be enough to drive the light head I do not know.

Michael

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
I agree with Dan. It doesn't look too bad at that speed! At least you get a nice POP from each beam if it were to be used in the field.

wfdstation42

May 23, 2010
USA/FL
I like it too. Reminds me of movies from the 70's and 80's where they speed up the footage of the police car chases to make it look like they're going fast and then rotators spin real fast.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
I remember when the city FD had a rescue squad with fast CJ184, and the lights flashed almost in sync with the electronic siren yelp.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErikH

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.