Favor from US eBay members

trialman

Jun 3, 2011
Berlin Germany
Hey guys,

I was hoping someone registered on ebay.com was able to contact the seller of this model 24 Aerodynic: http://www.ebay.com/itm/222670891684

I would like to ask the seller if he is able to add the Global Shipping option for this article, as he states to ship worldwide in the description. Global Shipping is a cheap way to ship large bars and easy to use. I have imported loads of Aerodynics from the US with the Global Shipping without issues, but ebay Germany will not allow me to contact this seller.

Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Darius

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So here is the downside about the Global shipping program..
They tend to take what you shipped and repackage into their own shipping materials.. which by itself is not so big of a deal.. however when I send something I tend to over pack.. for obvious reasons.. and on more then 1 occasion the buyer received the item in different packaging and less packing materials then I shipped with.

This has resulted in 2 occasions where the items I shipped arrived damaged due to improper shipping materials.. and I was left on the hook for both times.
And 1 instance where I packed the item with packing peanuts and wrap, and they were all discarded and replaced with some crumbled paper and 2 bubble wrap sheets..

Rob

Reactions: Tony P

trialman

Jun 3, 2011
Berlin Germany
I heard about that and experienced some similiar things also.
But, GSP is actually a very cheap way to ship a 52 inch bar! I pay around $500 for shipping and custom fees, while shipping alone by FedEx/USPS is around $1200 plus customs.

As I always replace domes and restore the bars, I don't really mind if something gets cracked.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.