FBI Command in Manhattan

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
I'm guessing its a Command vehicle for the Superbowl event. It looks like the FBI from the pants the guys are wearing Comimg out of the vehicle. I'm not sure maybe some elb members can fill us in. No LEDs?? A minibar on a big truck??

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
nhfirefighter said:
National Guard Civil Support Team. If you look them up online there is quite a bit of information about them. Pretty impressive unit. I think the Wisconsin team even had some informational videos on their website describing what they do.

A couple of links:

http://www.agd.state.tx.us/JTF71/6thcst.pdf

Wisconsin National Guard Department of Military Affairs

We had a 3 day exercise here last year with about 6 of those teams participating. Very cool setups. You will also see them pulling an equipment trailer painted the same color.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
if that was fbi it would be black or white and I don't think they would let you film it without asking who you voted for... followed by a blood sample or cheek swab

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
VolEms said:
I'm guessing its a Command vehicle for the Superbowl event. It looks like the FBI from the pants the guys are wearing Comimg out of the vehicle. I'm not sure maybe some elb members can fill us in. No LEDs?? A minibar on a big truck??

I counted 4 LED heads around the grill area. It is a communications vehicles, probably rare to run code, not used for blocking, so a minimal amount of lights works in this application.

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
"FBI or something like that." :D

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Yea, that's the 24th WMD-CST out of Fort Hamilton. They are easy to spot, they are usually blue Rescue type vehicles with Red/Blue lights. he other Company is the 2nd WMD-CST out of Stratton ANGB.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
VolEms said:

What a double disappointment!

1) it was some old GMC with minimal blinkies (I was hoping for something like the DEP CBRNE unit that runs though the city)

2) I had to listen to that retard, who I can't stand, for more that 0:01.

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
lafd55 said:
Yea, that's the 24th WMD-CST out of Fort Hamilton. They are easy to spot, they are usually blue Rescue type vehicles with Red/Blue lights. he other Company is the 2nd WMD-CST out of Stratton ANGB.

They also have some of those WMD Vehicles here in WV. I had a chance to watch them go thru at a excercise at Snowshoe Mtn. a few years ago. (2008)Very same lighting setup

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
I visited the National Guard armory in DC a couple years ago and they had a few similar vehicles as well as some black Suburbans and Tahoes with similarly basic lighting. I saw them at the Inauguration as well so I assume they are for the same NG units, just out of DC.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
rick h. said:
They also have some of those WMD Vehicles here in WV. I had a chance to watch them go thru at a excercise at Snowshoe Mtn. a few years ago. (2008)Very same lighting setup

There is at least one Civil Support Team per State and one in Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands, some have two Teams. Each team consists of 22 members, on average 18 are ARNG and 4 are ANG. Here is a link to photos of our local team here (2nd CST). RAID

103rd CST AK

46th CST AL

61st CST AR

91st CST AZ

9th CST CA 95th CST CA

8th CST CO

14th CST CT

33rd CST DC

31st CST DE

44th CST FL 48th CST FL

4th CST GA

94th CST GU

93rd CST HI

71st CST IA

101st CST ID

5th CST IL

53rd CST IN

73rd CST KS

41st CST KY

62nd CST LA

1st CST MA

32nd CST MD

11th CST ME

51st CST MI

55th CST MN

7th CST MO

47th CST MS

83rd CST MT

42nd CST NC

81st CST ND

72nd CST NE

12th CST NH

21st CST NJ

64th CST NM

92nd CST NV

2nd CST NY 24th CST NY

52nd CST OH

63rd CST OK

102nd CST OR

3rd CST PA

22nd CST PR

13th CST RI

43rd CST SC

82nd CST SD

45th CST TN

6th CST TX

85th CST UT

34th CST VA

23rd CST VI

15th CST VT

10th CST WA

54th CST WI

35th CST WV

84th CST WY

RescueWV

Dec 31, 2010
Central PA
Would not have made the connection without someone else suggesting it, but definitely looks like the Civil Support Team guys I've worked with in the past. Very common to see them in khaki cargo pants and a polo shirt with ACU style boots, and if they're working a crowd at a mass-gathering, typically wearing backpacks with all kinds of fun CBRNE detection devices.

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
Yep, definitely a CST comms vehicle. One of the guys is wearing his green fleece watch cap. I'm sure it's the same in other states; Michigan's team routinely supports events like this. I'll bet several CSTs were on station in various places during the Super Bowl. If it's a national security event, there's a CST in the neighborhood.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
jph2 said:
Yep, definitely a CST comms vehicle. One of the guys is wearing his green fleece watch cap. I'm sure it's the same in other states; Michigan's team routinely supports events like this. I'll bet several CSTs were on station in various places during the Super Bowl. If it's a national security event, there's a CST in the neighborhood.
Yes, most likely NJs Team was at the Stadium itself while NYs Team as you can see was at Time Square. And yes they are at most "Major" Events, the last major event I recall seeing them at in the Northeast was the Boston Marathon.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.