FDNY Ford Crown Victoria (Fleet Service/EMS Division) lightbar control box, PA300 siren switch box

Hello,
does anyone know which lightbar control box was built into the FDNY Ford Crown Victoria?
The siren switch box was a Federal Signal PA300. An original PA300 from FDNY is very difficult to get. There were those with the black front and the silver front. I have heard that the boxes with the silver front were also used by FDNY.
My idea is to use a "normal" old PA300 with the silver face/front, because it has a long wail tone that is longer at the beginning. So it corresponds to the original sound of the siren from the FDNY. So it sounds „originally“.

I look forward to tips and information.

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Some of the early black face PA300s (late 1980s?) have a slow rising wail tone like the silver face version.

Some of the early black face PA300s (late 1980s?) have a slow rising wail tone like the silver face version.
Hello Wailer, thank you very much for the information. So I can look for these models of the PA300, and I hope, they are not so much expensive like the silver face versions.

Up to now I have not received any information about the Lightbar control box wich was used by the FDNY.
I am not sure, but I think it is the Federal Signal SW300 with four rocker switches to control the Federal Signal StreetHawk (rotators and the rear and front flashers in the lower level of the Lightbar) and the red round grille lights.

Attachments

• 0E5ED9F7-DBA0-4662-8C7C-69BCF500783F.png
    0E5ED9F7-DBA0-4662-8C7C-69BCF500783F.png
    388.1 KB · Views: 4

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.