FDNY Freedom Question?

FDNY 10-75

May 24, 2010
NY
Is the Whelen Freedom mounted on the FDNY EMS Ambulances & Battalion Chief Vehicles the WeCan version?

What patten is it set to? It really grabs attention!

Thanks

May 22, 2010
New York City
im more than sure its not,as they have been using them since before wecan, also i will def, look into it with a friend of mine who works for fdny

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Standard Freedom bars. As with the rest of the department, some members/companies find a way to customize their ride :)

May 22, 2010
New York City
my friend said the same thing as PJH, he said some companies put a q in on there own, also he said there is a LT in the NYPD that has a carson siren w/ mechincal hooked up to the smart siren in his unmarked.....and a full size whelen inner edge, that he paid for himself ..... sounds like he belongs on this board lol

PJH

May 23, 2010
CO Springs&West PointNY
Also FWIW...the Federal LED bars on the last group of trucks that went into service are all "test/demo" bars. I have it on very good word that each one is configured differently and they get changed around time to time to see how it works out - so the Whelen mini-Freedom's on the front of the trucks are not completely ruled out as of yet

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.